• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses Mile High CIVILIAN BASIC PRECISION RIFLE JULY

You know what I will add my two cents anyway.

The class is great, bring all of the stuff they tell you to. I personally shot around 250 rounds but could have launched 300 if I had them. You will learn a ton, I live in Denver and base on what I see for weather I would plan on wearing the coolest long leg/sleeve stuff you have, and bring a hat or something to protect your neck. It will be sunny and hot, plan for it.

The first morning is a quick powerpoint then right to the line for a fundamental eval. After that back in the class for a few hours, they will break for lunch at this point. This is the only day I would head back in to town for lunch, on Saturday and Sunday I recommend packing a lunch and staying at the range Frank and Mike brought out some of their stuff and I was playing around with my .22 trainer, lots of fun conversation to be had during that time and it was fun to shoot Mike's Voodoo, Frank's 224v, etc..

Bring lots of water, bring sunscreen, a small blanket or crumpled jacket may be a nice chest support after 2.5days on your belly. It is dusty, plan on a dirty gun, draping it with a towel when not shooting may be a good call to help.

Other than that you will have a blast, prior to the class I had not shot past 600yds. By the end of class I was making consistent hits at 1425 in 17mph winds. It is well worth it, I really hope they add a level 2 class next year!

Best,
Blake.

Reactions: MACHTECH
Hey man. Just left the last class. I missed your post with everything going on but spot on recommendations. This class is a must as far as I'm concerned. I listen to all the podcasts, joined the online training, I learned a ton from those but this class takes all that knowledge and ties it together in a way that makes sense and gave me the confidence to say I know what happened with each shot. I know why I hit and why I miss. That knowledge is hard to put a pricetag on.

Reactions: Colorado S14
I thoroughly enjoyed the class last weekend and would have a hard time not signing up for a level 2 class in the future if they add it.

If you have any good photos go ahead and post them. I'll try and upload a few later this week.

Reactions: Colorado S14
What where you guys shooting, how about the rest of the class? Did frank ditch the 300 yd drop test? Favorite target? I really liked the flipper/hostage one at 1125.

We are doing the drop at 600 yards to help with Try Dope

We did shoot a bunch on paper, but not the drop test.

I really enjoyed the July class, which is not to say I didn't enjoy others, just saying July was fun.

The guys shot great, we moved through the drills fast and got to play a bit.

Your guest instructor was fun too
67356321_2434831246540384_3620844454878904320_n.jpg

Reactions: BadDogPSD
I had a 260 rem, couple 6.5 cm, couple 308's and one 224 val. I really enjoyed the plate rack at 500 yards during the free shoot. hitting every other one or resetting it as soon as someone connects with one or two of them. The wind was really swirling Sunday afternoon which made the mile target a crap shoot, not to say that we didn't dump a ton of rounds at it.

That was my first time shooting past 300 yards and first time using software.

Recommendations for the class would be to add a "NO SNAKES" sign to the outside of the conex classroom.

Hell yeah we did!!! Idk if anyone connected with it.

To call a favorite target would be very hard. The plate rack seemed like a big hit. Whacking the hostage taker at 1125 was awesome. The KYL deffantly KMB (kicked my butt). The final wind shoot was awesome for knowing wind budget and learning to know your call mph.

I kept saying through the class that if I miss I want to know it's me and not my equipment. Now not only do I feel like it's not going to be me either but if/when i miss I'll be able to know why. I pulled it, my wind call was to great or to small, being able to diagnose the successes with the failures to ensure the next round does not miss.

The wind was great. Someday you guys are gonna have to teach us how you called in the AC when needed and wind on command.
Seriously thank you to all the other students for making class fun and enjoyable. Frank and Mike your class was so good before we got off GG on the way home sunday Scully was already talking about scheduling for next year. The way you impart knowledge is like turning on a switch. One minute the concept is there but the next it's just fact.

I have watched all the videos. Listened to the podcast twice through and through all of that I felt like I knew what was being said but couldn't realize it on my own. Three days in class and whether it was from Frank's no nonsense deminor or the way Mike can call an impact like it's the greatest thing in the world or a miss like it's no big deal. But now all the concepts and the lessons from the videos and the podcasts are just facts I know and tools in my shooting toolbox to be applied as I now know how.

Thanks all!!! Even the snake for breaking the ice.

The snake made me miss!!!
Jeremy

Reactions: BadDogPSD
I am still writing down notes and knowledge bombs the July class. The knowledge almost seems to be never ending. We're already planning out return trip for next year.

Fellas, I have a couple questions about the Mile high class. Could you help a guy out?
1. Should I bring hand loads or shoot factory ammo? 6.5 creed. Options are 140 hornady match or 130ELDs handloaded.
2. I have the option to strip some weight off my rifle. Should I take it light or heavy? (12lb vs 19lb)
3. What is the best way to deal with the fine sand on the range?
Thanks

1. Should I bring hand loads or shoot factory ammo? 6.5 creed. Options are 140 hornady match or 130ELDs handloaded. Awhile back Frank recommended factory ammo. Most people were shooting hornady and I was using some older Prime.
2. I have the option to strip some weight off my rifle. Should I take it light or heavy? (12lb vs 19lb) shoot what is most comfortable. My shooting was all done prone.
3. What is the best way to deal with the fine sand on the range? bring a shemagh or something similar to cover the action and scope when not in use. I put my pack against it to weigh it down once the winds picked up. I still had a trigger issue the last day from the sand and had to flush it with Ronsonol.

Fellas, I have a couple questions about the Mile high class. Could you help a guy out?
1. Should I bring hand loads or shoot factory ammo? 6.5 creed. Options are 140 hornady match or 130ELDs handloaded.
2. I have the option to strip some weight off my rifle. Should I take it light or heavy? (12lb vs 19lb)
Thanks

1: Bring what your gun runs best. If your gun shoots factory well the guys at Mile High can order your ammo and bring it for you saving you from having to transport it.

2: A heavy gun will not hurt you in this class.

3: As mentioned, a shemagh or towel may help. A can of compressed air may be useful for cleaning stuff out at night.

Reactions: A&8's
Thanks

1. I shoot the same and I decided to just get it from Mike when I got there. Much easier to travel, less weight to pay for or to haul.

2. Agree with all of the above, bring it as you shoot it usually, after the class you may end up changing it?

3. I shot my APO and had no issues with the sand. However I have a cheap rifle cover from midway that I modified to pop my bolt handle through to show open. My shooting partner just borrowed a white towel from the hotel, again less weight to carry mentality.