• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Miles Gilbert Release Agent for JB Weld?

acebanana

Obi Wan Kanobi
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2012
Charlotte, NC
I was going to "bed" a scope base, got some JBKwik and planned on using some Kiwi Black shoe polish I have on hand for the release agent but I found a Miles Gilbert Bedrock kit my buddy used a while back that still has a good bit of release agent in it, was wondering if anyone knew for sure if I could use that instead of the shoe polish for JBkwik?

Thanks

Re: Miles Gilbert Release Agent for JB Weld?

Thanks, I used it on some scrap pieces of steel and it did the trick.

As a side note, I've only ever saw Kiwi neutral mentioned as a release agent, is there any reason Kiwi black wouldn't work?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: acebanana</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks, I used it on some scrap pieces of steel and it did the trick.

As a side note, I've only ever saw Kiwi neutral mentioned as a release agent, is there any reason Kiwi black wouldn't work? </div></div>

Wouldnt work any different. Most like the neutral so youre not getting black shit everywhere.

I bedded a rifle stock with jbweld and the bedrock kit release agent.. worked great