• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Military advanced night vision due out this summer

When they went to PSQ20B you could get the old PSQ20 for $16,000 there for a while IIRC. I couldn't swing it. I was stoked to get my 14's, and those have even come down more since then and you can get filmless white phosphor, which I'd prefer. Maybe one day I'll be able to get a dual tube aviation setup for a killer deal at a govt. auction.

TNVC has a color modification for PVS14. Looks like bookends on the 14 and doubt you could head mount or weapon mount that but for a spotting scope? Or a camera? Color looked good too.

I take it part of this is basically a bit more advanced version of clipping a COTI in front of a PVS-14, all integrated into one single dual (or more) tube system?

When they went to PSQ20B you could get the old PSQ20 for $16,000 there for a while IIRC. I couldn't swing it. I was stoked to get my 14's, and those have even come down more since then and you can get filmless white phosphor, which I'd prefer. Maybe one day I'll be able to get a dual tube aviation setup for a killer deal at a govt. auction.

TNVC has a color modification for PVS14. Looks like bookends on the 14 and doubt you could head mount or weapon mount that but for a spotting scope? Or a camera? Color looked good too.

What exactly are you doing with these units now?

I'm pretty sure most good arms related stuff either gets given to one of the enemy countries, or destroyed instead of sold back to the taxpayers that paid for it in the first place.

From what I'd understood the Thermal/Nightvision combo was called Fusion and has been in use for a long time. The article makes it sound like its something brand new......

Frank

Reactions: MarinePMI
From what I'd understood the Thermal/Nightvision combo was called Fusion and has been in use for a long time. The article makes it sound like its something brand new......

Frank
Yeah they had at least a prototype 10-11 years ago when I was a dealer. Sounds like theyve incorporated some additional abilities into this one.

Their wireless better have some excellent encryption. That still won't stop some fucker with access to the internet and $20 from jamming all the 600-2200Mhz freqs.

I'm pretty sure most good arms related stuff either gets given to one of the enemy countries, or destroyed instead of sold back to the taxpayers that paid for it in the first place.

Those weren't used PSQ20's, they were new. But twice as heavy as the B's. They weren't offered for long either, and when I looked at 'em again they were the B's and restricted. In general though, yeah, we do leave our best gear behind for the enemy to use when we leave. How else would we have gotten ISIS and kept the military industrial complex fed?

I take it part of this is basically a bit more advanced version of clipping a COTI in front of a PVS-14, all integrated into one single dual (or more) tube system?

Not exactly and yes at the same time. It'll do that though, show outlines. It'll also show orange thermal signatures against the green night vision. And you can use thermal alone or NV alone or combined. But yeah, they're in the same housing and batteries go in the back.

I bet these just kick total ass. My biggest problem with NODs is that without PEQ illumination, shit can be literally hiding right in front of you. Unless a big shape moves, you won't see it. Having this on a clip on rifle sight would be the shit --no need for either or.

Those weren't used PSQ20's, they were new. But twice as heavy as the B's. They weren't offered for long either, and when I looked at 'em again they were the B's and restricted. In general though, yeah, we do leave our best gear behind for the enemy to use when we leave. How else would we have gotten ISIS and kept the military industrial complex fed?

Not exactly and yes at the same time. It'll do that though, show outlines. It'll also show orange thermal signatures against the green night vision. And you can use thermal alone or NV alone or combined. But yeah, they're in the same housing and batteries go in the back.

I bet these just kick total ass. My biggest problem with NODs is that without PEQ illumination, shit can be literally hiding right in front of you. Unless a big shape moves, you won't see it. Having this on a clip on rifle sight would be the shit --no need for either or.

Thats nice. The clarity of the NV seems better than my gen III 14. I ownder if the thermal is adjustable?