• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes military discount

Re: military discount

S&B does as well... someone on here had a specific price-list sent to them. Making we wish I purchased one or the other before I got out...

I just went through this whole thing I sent an email to every scope maker I could think of. Leupold discount wasent bad but as for everyone else and I mean everyone it was the standard 10% witch is no tax in a nutshell.

I think its funny because teir one units get this shit issued and I have to buy it with my own money at retail cost, you would think that all the money these guys are making off the war they could afford to give the avarage GI a brake on his or her privatly owned optic.

You know if it cost 350 to make and they are selling it for 2500 and they give you 10% off thats still over 2k in profit WTF. good luck getting a discount and if you do please please pass it on.

Don't quote me on it, but if I remember correctly, my order would have been just a bit over 3 grand but was right around 2,600 with the discount.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rero360</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't quote me on it, but if I remember correctly, my order would have been just a bit over 3 grand but was right around 2,600 with the discount. </div></div>

400 isn't bad. was that uso or s&b

Rero360, I really enjoy how your custom signature line thingy {I forgot what its called} says "poor college grad" and yet you dropped $2600 on a scope. Either we have different meanings for the word poor or we share some of the same priorities in life!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ICANHITHIMMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just went through this whole thing I sent an email to every scope maker I could think of. Leupold discount wasent bad but as for everyone else and I mean everyone it was the standard 10% witch is no tax in a nutshell.

I think its funny because teir one units get this shit issued and I have to buy it with my own money at retail cost, you would think that all the money these guys are making off the war they could afford to give the avarage GI a brake on his or her privatly owned optic.

You know if it cost 350 to make and they are selling it for 2500 and they give you 10% off thats still over 2k in profit WTF. good luck getting a discount and if you do please please pass it on.</div></div>

Who told you it cost $350 to make? I say don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ICANHITHIMMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just went through this whole thing I sent an email to every scope maker I could think of. Leupold discount wasent bad but as for everyone else and I mean everyone it was the standard 10% witch is no tax in a nutshell.

You know if it cost 350 to make and they are selling it for 2500 and they give you 10% off thats still over 2k in profit WTF. good luck getting a discount and if you do please please pass it on. </div></div>

You know, I just had to delete what I typed because I had some choice words for you, however it was inappropriate.

What is NOT inappropriate and TOTAL accurate is calling you <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-size: 11pt">UNGRATEFUL</span></span></span>.

There isn't anyone who owes you anything. No one forces you to take up this sport up or buy a certain product. Your comments are uneducated, embarrassing and down right childish.

basically im trying to figure if with military discount i would be better served to buy new or wait on a deal on a used one on here

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brand692</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
What is NOT inappropriate and TOTAL accurate is calling you <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-size: 11pt">UNGRATEFUL</span></span></span>.

There isn't anyone who owes you anything. No one forces you to take up this sport up or buy a certain product. Your comments are uneducated, embarrassing and down right childish. </div></div>

+1 Brand. Everyone thinks their owed something these days.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mumbles</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brand692</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

There isn't anyone who owes you anything. No one forces you to take up this sport up or buy a certain product. Your comments are uneducated, embarrassing and down right childish. </div></div>

+1 Brand. Everyone thinks their owed something these days. </div></div>

just to be clear i dont feel im owed anything, that said if its a option i want to take advangage of it

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 42769vette</div><div class="ubbcode-body">basically im trying to figure if with military discount i would be better served to buy new or wait on a deal on a used one on here </div></div>

Personally, I've always found that if you are willing to put up with someone else's ring marks, safe dings, or a bad krylon job to buy a great product at a reduced rate, that is the way to go. Patience and timing is the key, especially in the classifieds here.

Understand, my comment was not directed at you. I'm not saying don't take advantage of a business' military discount. By all means, do. They are supporting you by giving you the discount, support them by spending some money with them. Be grateful, thats all. They don't have to give anyone squat.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 396chevy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rero360, I really enjoy how your custom signature line thingy {I forgot what its called} says "poor college grad" and yet you dropped $2600 on a scope. Either we have different meanings for the word poor or we share some of the same priorities in life!! </div></div>

I would imagine we share the same priorities lol, at the time I was going to school full time, rent was cheap, didn't drive alot and was collecting the GI Bill, so I had disposable income, add in some left over savings from being over in Iraq lol.

Not to get too far OT, but if I get hired monday for the job I interviewed this week and am successful at it then after a few months I'll be able to change that line.

pretty sure it was directed at me but oh well. I do feel I am intilted to the same prices the US gov pays for the products we take into harms way.

350$ was just to make a point sorry you took the point personaly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mumbles</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brand692</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

+1 Brand. Everyone thinks their owed something these days. </div></div>

Seems to be the way now with our military. First question I am asked in person or by phone and many times by the spouse is if I offer military discount. I served because I thought it was my duty to serve my country, I do not ask for anything in return. If someone asks, I am proud enough to yes, retired and damn proud of it and if they offer the discount, I thank them profusely.

But I have Dr, lawyers, bank exc, ect also ask if they can get a discount so it is the norm that everyone thinks they are entitled.

Nothing will get you a discount unless you CALL the place you want to deal with. Loyalty also has it's value in this arena as well. If you are ready to get the best stuff, get the raman, settle down for a month or two on a thin man's diet, and get the good stuff. By the end of it all when you are frustrated trying to get small groups at 300 or 400, you will get into reloading to save more money. By th etime you are ready to shoot more, you might make small groups at 200 or 300, then you get to go to 400 or 500. By then that military discount will have b een soaked up in ammo, gas, and other stuff, but it will have been well worth it.
Shoot, you may even buy all that good kit and find you suck at shooting and sell the lot for some other hobby
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 42769vette</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
just to be clear i dont feel im owed anything, that said if its a option i want to take advangage of it </div></div>

+1

Just because someone asks, does not mean they feel entitled. I have asked based simply on trying to get the best deal. If shop A and B both have my item for the same price, but shop B has a 10% discount to military, my money will be with shop B. I do this with everything...except at some retail stores that I know for a fact do not have discounts.

Too bad Walmart doesn't have a discount. That would be awesome. LOL

I apologize if some members thought I said that asking about, or taking advantage of, a company's military discount policy is wrong. That was not my point. Just to make myself clear. I think its great that some military companies offer discounts to military personnel. I too take advantage of them.

My problem lies with this statement right here:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ICANHITHIMMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think its funny because teir one units get this shit issued and I have to buy it with my own money at retail cost, you would think that all the money these guys are making off the war they could afford to give the avarage GI a brake on his or her privatly owned optic.

You know if it cost 350 to make and they are selling it for 2500 and they give you 10% off thats still over 2k in profit WTF. good luck getting a discount and if you do please please pass it on. </div></div>

The general tone above is "I'm a Joe, hook me up."

It is not: "Hey, I just realized that because I'm a soldier, there are a ton of good optics companies out there that are willing to give me a discount."

To me, that is ungrateful.

brand692 sent me a pm after he made his post explaining what he ment and where it was directed. then he went as far as to offer me some good deals on the type optic im wanting. he seams like a good honest guy

To be honest when I ordered my USO, I had emailed them with my AKO email, I didn't even know they had a discount until they applied it to my purchase. it was a pleasant suprise

Leupold offers the biggest discount of all the manufactures. I personally dont have any issues with their products. They've been issued to me in the past and served their purpose well. If I need a descent scope for a range or hunting rifle I place an order with them. For my serious rifles I went with ACOGs and a Premier.

I have a OBR coming that will probably sport a Leupy until more funds are available and then it will be a nightforce or S&B. I try to support Leupy as they offer a deep discount and I appreciate that. If their QC was a little better all my rifles would have them.

Hey I am Military and I will ask every time. I am not saying I am entitled at all to a discount but if I don't ask the answer will always be NO. Sometimes I will buy from a certain retailer over another due to a discount BUT if it comes down to quality over a discount I will take the quality. I will buy USO discount or NO discount they make a BADASS product!