• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Military Issue Schmidt & Bender PMll Information / Help

mjmd11

Private
Minuteman
May 26, 2018
I have had two Schmidt/Bender 4x16x40 PMll scopes laying around for a while, Both are in the same early serial range and were military issue. One is lighted and has a M118 top turret , while the second, is a non-illuminated scope that has a a 300wm turret. Both windage turrets are locking, both have Horus reticles and one has a ARD. I believe the 300wm may have been a USMC issued scope while the 7.62 was either Army or USMC. (Just speculation) Now to the point. S&B does not have the original user/training manuals for their military contract scopes. They were not supplied to the military. The manuals were written by the USMC and/or Army. Does anyone have a link or information that could assist me in hunting down the user manuals?

Attachments

• CIMG8728.JPG
    CIMG8728.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 187
  • CIMG8729.JPG
    CIMG8729.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 170
  • CIMG8730.JPG
    CIMG8730.JPG
    131.8 KB · Views: 164
  • CIMG8731.JPG
    CIMG8731.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Reactions: nn8734
i'm 99% its a 42mm objective. H37 reticle in both? the MK11 - M118LR scope was part of a first wave of MK11 prototype optics that got delivered to Ft Bragg in 05-06. the majority were 4-16x42 and have the twist-lock turrets like the yours does. i cant tell from the photos but i assume it has a number on the ocular and a scanable UID code. these scopes have a cool backstory. Department of the Army wouldn't let ODA purchase the scopes directly from Schmidt in germany so the scopes were purchased in pieces and assembled by Premier reticles in VA when they were still around.

cool optics man! those MK11 scopes are becoming more and more rare to find. they were offered up for $1700-1800 when they were decommissioned but ive seen them sell for $3k+ to the clone guys.

Reactions: teufelhunden
Some of the MK11 scopes trickled down to the Marine Corps when the army was done with them.

I’ve never seen a 4-16x42 with a 300WM marked turret before either so that’s a really cool one. The only branch I recall that shot 300WM around the time those scopes were produced was the Navy on the MK13’s.

No.. a recollection. i will measure it. if i remember correctly the OD of the bell is around 50 , the glass... 42? i will measure
Here is a basic manual scroll down to the bottom of the page, I am still working on finding the military manual

I have had two Schmidt/Bender 4x16x40 PMll scopes laying around for a while, Both are in the same early serial range and were military issue. One is lighted and has a M118 top turret , while the second, is a non-illuminated scope that has a a 300wm turret. Both windage turrets are locking, both have Horus reticles and one has a ARD. I believe the 300wm may have been a USMC issued scope while the 7.62 was either Army or USMC. (Just speculation) Now to the point. S&B does not have the original user/training manuals for their military contract scopes. They were not supplied to the military. The manuals were written by the USMC and/or Army. Does anyone have a link or information that could assist me in hunting down the user manuals?

What numbers are your scopes? Those scopes are sweet man esp the Win Mag version. and like sbg0369 said, they were part of a very limited run for SOCOM from Schmidt Bender by way of Premier. I believe the locking mechanism on the elevation turret was discontinued after #50 or so.

I have #53 and the elevation turret (Mk11-M118LR) has a “button” on the top but doesn’t lock. I do have a locking windage turret. Another forum member was/is selling one of his for $3500 bucks IIRC.

What numbers are your scopes? Those scopes are sweet man esp the Win Mag version. and like sbg0369 said, they were part of a very limited run for SOCOM from Schmidt Bender by way of Premier. I believe the locking mechanism on the elevation turret was discontinued after #50 or so.

I have #53 and the elevation turret (Mk11-M118LR) has a “button” on the top but doesn’t lock. I do have a locking windage turret. Another forum member was/is selling one of his for $3500 bucks IIRC.

^
scopes are #63 and #1 . Windage turret on M118lr locks. After you zero the unit ,the windage turret really becomes redundant with the Horus reticle .
INTERESTING THAT THEY WOULD USE 1/2 MOA INSTEAD OF MLS

Last edited: