• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Military observation device? What is it?

Re: Military observation device? What is it?

Cool. I wondered if it was FLIR....

Thanks guys.

The newer stuff, LLDR and Vector 23 (and 21) are some sweet pieces of gear, especially when used in conjunction with some other items.

LRAS3 (Long Range Advanced Scout Surveillance)

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0NpekPEzysY&feature=related"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0NpekPEzysY&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

In 2005, on an OP, I saw an Iraqi guy get a blowjob from his wife in the field by his house (at night) and then he sent her inside and took a shit. At 600 meters, it was very well detailed. If I'd had a video camera with me, it would be a YouTube hit.
laugh.gif

That particular OP was fun. It was in an overt location and was more for denying movement in the area than being sneaky. We would use the LRAS3 to quickly find stray dogs and get exact distance to shoot them. Good times.

Here is the view the user sees: (blacked out the screen info for those guys that like to scream OPSEC about trivial crap). Distance was 660m. Object in view was the Golden Mosque of Samarra. Taken in 2005.

nq3fpv.jpg

Yep it is an LRAS. To make it simple it is a dismounted version of the M2A3 Bradley thermal optics. It is a great optic!!

We helpd field that for the Army a ways back along with the A3 Bradley and A2 SEP tanks.