• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Military Rifle Club In Australia and optical rifles

Pritch

Private
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2010
I was shooting with the military rifle club one year and found that everybody was using Lee Enfields or Mausers or Nagants

what they were doing was they would have an event called the rapid they would get 2 sighter's and then 10 rounds in 50 seconds at 300 yards

then what they would do is called a snap and tap, what this was was you are still on the mound and get 3 seconds as the target popped up from the butts to let off 2 shots and they did this 5 times

Now unfortunately i do not have in my repertoire a 303 or other vintage rifle, what i do have is a standard Remington in 308 just an sps that has been put into an xlr chassis topped with Vortex 6-24 optics with a 10 rd alpha mag

So a year ago I asked if i could compete for entertainment value not for an actual score or rank in the days events to which they happily obliged :D

I scored some very nice groups at 300 yards and they were along the lines of stop F*cking cheating while laughing (the part i loved was that the crowd didn't notice what i was doing and when my target popped up for the marking there was a resounding oooo at the group then realised)

This year however they actually had a slot for what they called tactical/development rifles in the last detail and there were about 6 or 7 of us

What i found really amazing is that they actually thought from the year before he was out having fun bugger it lets try that :D

Score 1 for introducing rapid fire to Tactical Developmental rifle comp :D