• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Military Training Targets

Ishallbie O'Cullkillin

Central Coastranger
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2007
Oregon
Would like to get some silhouette type targets similar to the ones where the guy is training the Iraqi soldiers in the post below. It looks like they are shooting at 25m at a target that simulates the approximate size of a man's torso at 100m? Is there a website where I can get more info on these types of targets?

Re: Military Training Targets

Forgive my ignorance for not knowing how to link a post, It is the post titled "Marksmanship Training of Iraqi Army"

m16A2/4

m4 carbine

Keep in mind, this will ensure the weapon is now zeroed for 300m, So, hold accordingly on closer targets.

goal is six in the circle.

If you are using a CCO like M68/aimpoint, POA is still center mass but POI is 2.5" low @25m if I remember correctly. ACOG, treat the POA/POI same as the irons ( center/center), but dont forget to use the 300m hashmark and reconfirm at 100m for a precise ZERO providing you are using the m855 and 1/7" twist.

*dont feel like editing last post*

keep in mind, these were never meant to replace a proper zero at the distance zeroed for...however with mass amounts of people on the range at once as is usual, they have become such. They were originally meant for a quick zero with later confirmation at 300m.

They also serve to take out wind factors with proper hold based on the wind which if you are going mil-spec, the rough data can be found in FM 3-22.9