• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MilitaryMorons review of our muzzle accessories

HPLLC

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 17, 2009
Wales WI
www.griffinarmament.com
Thanks to Military Moron for his help during beta testing / development, and also in getting this review out. Click the link below to read the review.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bottom line/conclusions - The M4SD II Flash Comp is my favourite all-round muzzle device at the time of this writing as it strikes a good balance between compensation, concussion and flash. It's the most effective one I've tried so far; even better than the Muzzle Brake but without the concussion. I found it to be an improvement over the original M4SD Compensator as the amount of compensation was better dialed in for my setup. </div></div>

http://www.militarymorons.com/weapons/ar.access2.html#griffinfc

67787_10151584199164569_1699575057_n.jpg

Photo courtesy of Militarymorons.com

Re: MilitaryMorons review of our muzzle accessories

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rojkoh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Compensator for a mouse gun? Whew. </div></div>

This is more for shooters who need to make fast, accurate hits - in the rain, in odd unsupported positions, switching hands to shoot around barriers, fighting muscle fatigue - against a timer. Even on a 5.56 gun, controlling muzzle rise helps if you're looking for that last bit of an edge.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rojkoh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Compensator for a mouse gun? Whew. </div></div>

Ever been to a match where AR-15's are used? Muzzle brakes are standard kit for a competition AR or on most any rifle where quick double taps or follow up shots are required.

That's a nice looking comp. Can't wait to read the review by MM.

Looks good. I wanna comp on all my long guns. When clearing a p dog town, it comes in very handy, just as it does in a 3 gun match. It's nice to watch your bullet hit through your optic.
Looks like a comp/fh? and have shot many brakes. The Titan, JP Cooley/Recoil Elim/Precision Armament were my favorites, and have a scale to measure recoil. The JP Cooley, and Precision Armament took a 556 from 3.2 ftlbs and made them around 1.3-1.6ftlbs

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DT1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Ever been to a match where AR-15's are used? Muzzle brakes are standard kit for a competition AR or on most any rifle where quick double taps or follow up shots are required.
</div></div>

They are only "standard kit" for the run-n-gun competitions. They're illegal in Highpower.

A hammer pair with an A2 requires an expert shooter- the guys I've known that could deliver them with precision were active SOCOM guys with hundreds of thousands of rounds fired. And we're talking 50K+ in the last calender year. Those skills are totally perishable.

With the flash comp I can go out for the first time in 6 weeks- on less than 3000 rounds a year of all calibers, and shoot faster than those guys. They shoot a pair- a pair- a pair because they've drilled that pair ad nausea to the extent they probably have a muscle memory for jerking the gun down hard and firing again in time to put the rounds together, but with a flash comp, you don't have to fight, wrestle, or move the gun at all- just squeeze the trigger bangbangbangbangbang 5-7-10 rounds the whole mag- whatever you want to do the option is open to you.

<span style="font-weight: bold">It's the best muzzle control device I've experienced. It kills flash like an A2 on 14.5 and longer barrels, reduces recoil by about 50% like a muzzle brake, kills muzzle rise like a perfectly tuned comp, and has only 2DB gain in sound at 90 degrees to the muzzle where brakes are +7 to 12DB.</span>

With the Flash Comp we really have an optimized device for the civilian legal 16" or 14.5" perm attached M4 Carbine.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Why do you want to be able to rapidly put rounds on target with precision?</span> Because sometimes one round isn't enough. Maybe that active shooter needs 5-7 hits because he's on drugs, wearing armor, or high on adrenaline. With the flash comp you can deliver those 5-7 rounds as fast as that pair- drop that bad guy before he shoots you too, and get on to the next target while the other guy is still re-engaging his first target. Soldiers, law enforcement officers, and private security people could strongly benefit from a flash comp on a duty gun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trigger Monkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">M4SDII Muzzle Brake in 5/8-24 for .30 cals would be pretty sweet. </div></div>

We have MBS-A (Muzzle Brake, Suppressor Attachable) mounts that should be finished through production in the next 7 days or so.

They are the same basic configuration as the RSTA and M4SD muzzle brake but also have a external 1"x20UNF thread and a taper, similar to the RSTA, differing in that these are muzzle mount adapters, not over the barrel adapters, and these come with thread protectors because the threads are located up closer to the muzzle where things get knocked around more often.

We're offer 7 configurations:

Those are:

For M4 carbine / Ar15 series rifles:
1/2x28 5.56mm

For Ar10 / most american rifles:
5/8x24 7.62mm
5/8x24 .338

For SAKO rifles:
18x1mm 7.62mm
18x1mm .338

For DTA rifles:
3/4x24 7.62mm
3/4x24 .338

We have 5 sound suppressor models that are compatible with the MBS-A mounts in production for late first quarter 2013 release.

These look very nice and i have to say i have not had any experiance shooting AR,s with these type devices. I am thinking of getting 1 of these for a build that will be finished soon. When and if i decide to have the firearm cerekoted, will coating effect the function of it somewhat? I ask because of the small holes and not sure if the coating would close them off some and prevent 100% of it,s function. I am speaking of the flash comp.

These seem to be what just about everyone needs. Posting so I can come back here to get at least one when I recover from Christmas

MM is good people and very objective about the gear he tests.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dan Tucker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">These look very nice and i have to say i have not had any experiance shooting AR,s with these type devices. I am thinking of getting 1 of these for a build that will be finished soon. When and if i decide to have the firearm cerekoted, will coating effect the function of it somewhat? I ask because of the small holes and not sure if the coating would close them off some and prevent 100% of it,s function. I am speaking of the flash comp. </div></div>

Cerakote won't effect function of the muzzle device- even a finish as tenacious as cerakote I would expect to be somewhat quickly blasted clear of the small ports. That said the carbon will return the device to grey/black with a hint of blue from copper (bullet jacket residue).

If you have any plan to put a suppressor on the muzzle device the cerakote will create interference fit with the suppressor and will need to be removed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">These seem to be what just about everyone needs. Posting so I can come back here to get at least one when I recover from Christmas </div></div>

I don't disagree with that. I have one on my 14.5" carbine, and I only have the one carbine (and two uppers besides). It's a great add on- probably as valuable as the ACOG attached to it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dogtown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">MM is good people and very objective about the gear he tests. </div></div>

Absolutely one of the more impressive industry people I've met- really willing to go the extra mile to make it happen. MM suggested a minor modification to the original comp, we had a second beta tester also second that (Steve Aryan), and we integrated MM's solution and the product is vastly improved for his input. Initially I thought, "MM is really splitting hairs." Steve shot one with 3 holes closed and said there was still slight dip, I welded 4 shut and thought that was perfection attained until I watched a 30 round full auto dump on high speed camera- the first five rounds dipped about .5" per round at 10 yards, before I captured the burst, and it turned our MM was correct in his assumption that deleting the top row would do it and it made the difference between a good compensator, and what is very possibly the best compensator for carbine and rifle length barrels on the market.

Are the comps that are for sale out their the new style? Steve over at Colonial Armory i think deals in your stuff and is sending me a 3 gun upper built from Seekins Parts and has his break. I would like to get 1 of yours and check the difference out between the 2. I have another build also coming and may outfit it with the same comp. Watching the video and reading about it they seem to kick ass very nicely.

BTW: Thanks for the info and i will not have it coated.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dan Tucker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are the comps that are for sale out their the new style? Steve over at Colonial Armory i think deals in your stuff and is sending me a 3 gun upper built from Seekins Parts and has his break. I would like to get 1 of yours and check the difference out between the 2. I have another build also coming and may outfit it with the same comp. Watching the video and reading about it they seem to kick ass very nicely. </div></div>

Joeboboutfitters has the new flash comp, Element Arms in Minnesota, SKD just picked them up (may not have hit their site yet).

<span style="text-decoration: line-through">Does the flash comp have a "sacrificial" baffle like the Tac. comp?</span>

Nevermind... Confirmed it does throuh pics on MM! lol

The baffle up front in the comp and flash comp is almost 3 times as thick as the competition. 17-4 is strong, but more of it means 3 times the wear life.

One of the guys running the original comp on his demo gun sells rifles for a major company and his comp is going through cases of ammo every week on a 10.5" barreled select fire gun and going strong.

Three questions,
1. Any plans for a 15x1mm for say an HK53?
B. can 6mm be fired through it? (6x45)
3. Will a KAC NT4 mount to it? ( I saw where it said 7 models from 6 manufacturers but no list as to what they were.)

Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2ndPanzer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Three questions,
1. Any plans for a 15x1mm for say an HK53?
B. can 6mm be fired through it? (6x45)
3. Will a KAC NT4 mount to it? ( I saw where it said 7 models from 6 manufacturers but no list as to what they were.)

Thanks. </div></div>

1. NO
B You could probably get away with that 6mm is .234" which is .010" larger than 5.56mm and our aperture is .260".
3 No, but our NT4 mount would work.

Phone picture of NT4 Tactical Compensators on their way to black oxide.
734223_10151642163709569_1896402105_n.jpg