• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Millet LRS-1, focus ring

Arkhangel5

Private
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2009
Florida, USA
Hi all,
I have a Millet LRS-1 and have a question.
First off the scope tracks true and the glass is ok for what I use it for.
My question is, I noticed that the focus ring is off, meaning that @100yds it is indicating 60-70yds. Beyond 200yds it indicates 100-125yds on the ring. As long as the target is focused, the parallax seems fine, my shots usually go where I want them to.

My question is, is this a big deal? Should I send it back to be repaired to Bushnell or just ignore the setting. I dont have this problem with the Nikons I use, my 4-16sf Monarch, I set the side focus/parallax to 100/200/300/600yds and it is right there.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

SY

Re: Millet LRS-1, focus ring

Your choice. I use the listed ranges as a starting point not an end all. I fine focus while looking through the scope and dont care what the ring says.

Isn't focus relative to each individual's eyesight? How does it compare to other scopes? Not saying it isn't off?

As long as you have a crisp & clear image it doesn't matter. Years ago I bought an LRS-1. It worked fine, held a zero & I was happy. I took it hunting & it rained on me & my gun / optic. I tried to crank up the magnification ring & the reticle shifted. Yeah, it actually shifted about 30*. I sent it back to Millet for a replacement model. Forever & a day later I received a new replacement w/ illuminated reticle. So, I sold the new scope.

Moral of the story? Keep it dry.

I have a Vortex PST 6x24 Gen 1 and 5x25 Gen 2. The Gen 1's side focus is almost dead nuts on out to 400. Gen 2's is way off. I wrapped a narrow piece of white tape around the knob and make my own marks out to 400. Even then, I don't completely trust either of them and will tweek according to conditions. The markings on the focus ring are suggestions, not hard fact. Adjust accordingly.