• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Millet optics

Re: Millet optics

They are one of the better made in China scopes and are excellent for the money. Millett has excellent customer service and Steve Millett is a member of the Hide he pops in every so often to answer questions. They computer test them before they ship them out to insure the best quality. It greatly cuts down on the return rate. It must work because they have a very low return rate. The newer 2009 TRS and LRS scopes have 1/4" and .1 Mil clicks, your choice.

GC

Great thanks, I actually just got one of there "Buck gold" models 4-16x56 sf target turrets. The turrets are confusing, they say 1/8min clicks but read 1/4min on the knobs? I'm planning on contacting them tomorrow, hopefully they can help me out. I wanted to see what others on this board thought of them. Thanks!! Ty

I don't believe the Buck Gold scopes aren't quite the same as the TRS.

GC

There is a "buck gold" series that VERY closely resembles the LRS. They had different knobs and they had a smaller tube, and some other different markings. My Millett LRS says "buck gold" on the label, all the ones I have seen do; they're MUCH more expensive (in relative terms) than the TRS. So just because it is in the buck gold line does not mean that it's not the quality of the TRS line or better. I would contact them and see what they say. It sounds to me like it's one of the buck gold series that was out before the LRS, and I believe they actually do have 1/8 moa knobs.

I have two TRS-1's ( backordered one to many) and think they are a great piece for the $$.

One TRS-1 is for sale....pm sent with contact info if interested

thanks

bob........"[email protected]"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: clawsonbob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have two TRS-1's ( backordered one to many) and think they are a great piece for the $$.

One TRS-1 is for sale....pm sent with contact info if interested

thanks

bob........"[email protected]" </div></div>

You need 50 posts to sell on this forum!!!

Hello

We call our better scopes BUCK GOLD we used to have BUCK SILVER.

the scopes are all tested on the Computer testing machine.

ON the knobs, we made the TRS with 1/8" and this year we came out with 1/4" and .1 mil clicks, we have alot of manuals that say 1/8" so we figured we would use them till they are used up and then reprint with all adjustments listed. Hope there is not too much confusion on this.

Thanks for the support and I am glad you guys like the LRS AND TRS, I designed them the way I wanted them and seems alot of shooters like them too.

Thanks

Steve
Millett/Bushnell

I would love to buy one of these, but can't find one anywhere in the country. Anyone in the know, please help. I'm having such a hard time finding one I'm about to buy a Falcon.

-Pat

Also, somewhere in the back of my mind I remember reading about the need to make them a 1 piece tube....seal problem???? May have been one of the higher magnification models???? Not sure if I'm talking about the right scope???

-Pat

I had a Millet DMS-1 1-4x mounted on my AR. The biggest issue I had with it was the turret adjustments, the clicks were very soft and imprecise. The zero seemed to shift along with the reticule. I sold it and spent a few more bucks on an IOR and I'm very happy with the decision. You get what you pay for with scopes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had a Millet DMS-1 1-4x mounted on my AR. The biggest issue I had with it was the turret adjustments, the clicks were very soft and imprecise. The zero seemed to shift along with the reticule. I sold it and spent a few more bucks on an IOR and I'm very happy with the decision. You get what you pay for with scopes.</div></div>

To be fair, Why do you think they are so popular and stay sold out and used ones sale as soon as they are listed if they have the problems you stated?

If you had a defective scope why didn't you send it back under warranty instead of passing it on to unsuspecting buyer? Not a great way to do business. Millett would have replaced it for you.

GC

Hello

Just wanted to clear up a point. THE DMS is designed as a Mid range to CQB scope and as such you would not be adjusting the turrets once you get it sighted in. To keep the Turrets low profile we did not put real positive clicks. You sight it in and leave it. The dial is moveable to set your zero on the top of the adjustment dial so you can keep track of you zero.

And yes Millett has full lifetime warranty on all scopes.

Good shooting

Steve

I guess that answers that question. I was expecting a little higher quality for the money. So I sold it and spent even more money on a scope. Buy once, cry once.