• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Millet Scopes, does anyone of experience ?

Re: Millet Scopes, does anyone of experience ?

I had a 4-16 and it was alright for the year that I shot it.

Save your money for a Vortex, in my opinion.

I just bought one. It looks like a pretty decent scope, really good for the money. I have seen clearer glass, but for 3-4 times the price. If it is for a low budget gun, I'd go for it. If you want something to play with and move up later, I'd go for it. If you have a bunch of money burning a hole in your pocket, buy a better scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: John2247</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Save your money for a Vortex, in my opinion. </div></div>

^^^^^ THIS!! ^^^^^

DK

Not too bad for the price, but I would defiantly save for better glass if you can.

Depends on what you want to do with it. The 6-25 is good bit different from the 4-16 model. I have a 4-16 on my 22 while I save for a Bushy, but I've seen the higher mag version and the glass is noticeably clearer. That said it doesn't have anything on my NF
grin.gif
. But for the price it has a lot of options, and clarity that will make the scope effective for shooting steel out to 1k I'd venture, but if you want to see your holes in a shoot-n-c past 200, it really won't cut it. I do like that the parallax is adjustable down to 10 yards though, that makes dry fire easier while at home.

I've got one on my 338 lapua. I paid $300 for it so it wasn't a big expense and I've shot out to 400 with it earlier today. It's not as clear as vortex or SWFA fixed powers but will serve the purpose and has a ton of adjustment in it. A vortex PST is a little bit clearer than the millet as we had those 3 there today when we were shooting.

I had one for a short while, it just wasn't what I was looking for in a optic. Watch the optics for sale page here and pick you up a SS or a Falcon and you will be glad you did. Buy once cry once is a solid piece of advice. If you have the money spend it, it will only hurt until you shoot that first group and then the pain is gone.

I have both the TRS (on a .338lm) and LRS (on a .408ct). Both are bright and clear all the way to full magnification. All the adjustments are smooth and crisp. I've looked through much more expensive scopes and not seen a difference in clarity. I know it's not a Nightforce, USO, ect. But for what it does and what it cost I am more than happy with mine.

I can only vouch for the LRS 8004, I currently have four in use on everyting from 223 to 338 Lapua. These scopes have never lost zero or failed to return to zero, the glass is clear all the way through the magnificaton range. No it's not a NF but it does not pretend to be. Out of the 4 scopes, I had one problem loseing 1/2 of the adjustment on a zoom ring, this was on a 308. Millit promptly sent me a new scope within 10 days.

DSC01113.jpg

DSC01270.jpg

DSC01059.jpg

Diego

Forgot to mention that the clicks are more tactile than most scopes, and are really clear, although the calibration of the turret hashmarks on mine are off. For instance, I need 5 IPHY to get to 300, which is 20 clicks, but the turret mark that lines up after 20 clicks is at 5.25 IPHY, which would be 21 clicks. The turrets are also a little mushy. Little things that unless you're competing, or demand a higher quality scope don't really get in the way of recreational LR shooting. It's also definitely a good scope to learn what your preferences are of certain features before spending a lot of money on glass.

Alot of great info. They one i have looks a bit cloudy, and as someone stated trying to see holes at 200 yards is a chore.

I've had a couple and they both sprouted fungus inside them. It spread over the reticule and grew outwards from there.

The vortex PST tactical scopes are better. That or get a fixed power japanese one like the SWFA super snipers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've had a couple and they both sprouted fungus inside them. It spread over the reticule and grew outwards from there.

The vortex PST tactical scopes are better. That or get a fixed power japanese one like the SWFA super snipers.

</div></div>

The LRS? They are nitrogen charged, nothing gets in or out?

Diego

I have one of the LRS on my 510 Whisper. Been happy with it. I just got a 4-16 in for a friend on his RRA 308. We had a match out to 440yds last Sunday and he was EXTREMELY pleased with the scope. Was telling everyone where he got it from. With his scope we could see shoot-n-see holes at that range without too much straining. For the money they are a good buy as Millet will stand behind them.
Steve

I have one on my Howa .243 budget-build. I built this gun to see if I wanted to pursue long range shooting.

I think that it's best application is for people interested into getting the long range sport, but unwilling to sink a bunch of money into it at first.

Unfortunately now I love long range work and have to step up to the plate for some good glass.

Millet scopes will serve the beginner very well. If you've been doing it for a while, buy something better.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: John2247</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had a 4-16 and it was alright for the year that I shot it.

Save your money for a Vortex, in my opinion. </div></div>

+1 on the Vortex. It will be easier to get your money back if you decide this sport is not for you.

But if you do like it, you will need that $300.00 to go on the Vortex.