• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes millet scopes.

sandcrab

Private
Minuteman
Mar 13, 2010
I just bought a Rem 700 sps varmint in 308. Now I am looking for a scope to put on it. Does anyone know how the millet scopes are? I want the most for my money. thanks for the help in advance.

Re: millet scopes.

there are probably 5 threads concerning millet scopes.
use the search function and type in millet.

I have one, it is a good scope. There are better. Stand by for numerous "save up and buy something better" answers.

The millet trs-1, a set of low burris XTR rings and an egw one piece base in a very good set-up to get you started.

A better scope. but with fewer features, is the SS 10x, you do not have the versatility of the variable, the high power and available mrad adjustments, but the build quality is better.
Another excellent option is the Mueller Tac-2.
Either scope will suit you fine. If you are going to use if for hunting, get the variable.

I believe Millet was bought out by Bushnell and their quality has suffered from some of the buzz going around. I was talking with one dealer this week who was saying he was having trouble with them recently.
I agree with fdkay on the SS, also might consider a Falcon Menace...one of the fellas is doing a group buy on the 5-25's currently on the group buy section.

my brother just bought one not sure how well it was mounted i wasn't around for that but when i shot it had trouble holding zero not sure if this goes for all millets but his is the top end tactical modle might want to look elswhere.

i have 2 lrs-1's. one on the spsv in 308 and the other on a 5r in 300wm. i have had zero complaints about either. decent glass. both hold and repeat zero. its not a uso or s&b but you get what you pay far. i cant speak for all the millet owners out there but its def comparable to the ss and falcons i have looked through

I still have one, decent glass and mine holds zero. You get what you pay for.

I have a TRS-1 on my AR15 and it works quite well (holds/repeats zero, clear glass), I have not tried it on any larger caliber rifles. No complaints with mine at all.
4385402021_ca972b8485_b.jpg

I have a Millet TRS-1.I bought it this past February, put it on a 300 Remington SA Ultra Mag for 70rds, then on a .308.
At this point I have about 600-650rds under it with zero problems. I was shooting last week around 700yds with it. Glass is clear, held zero, and dialing up and down, the adjustments were right where they should be. If you want a better more expensive optic, by all means,get one. If youre looking for something in the $300 range for recreational shooting, The TRS-1 has a lot of features for the money.
Another poster mentioned they were bought by Bushnell. I believe this is a positive, not a negative. Most of the problems I've heard of were with the older "pre-Bushnell" models. Millett always had a good design, but their QC was lacking.Bad scopes made it onto rifles that shouldn't have.
From what I hear,Bushnell is honoring the lifetime warranties on the older models, as well as the new ones. If you have a problem with it, in most cases, they send you a brand new scope.

Fwiw-my buddy bought a trs 1-initial thoughts were that it was ok glass at a reasonable price-we mounted it this past weekend on rem700 308 to sight it in-within three shots the scope broke-couldn't adjust the parallax and the sight picture was marred-looked like something octagonal had dislodged inside the tube and obscured the view-he's about to find out about their customer service-will update soon

Sorry to hear your buddy got a bad one. I have heard a few people say they had problems with a brand new TRS, but I have also heard others say they own several and have had no problems with any of them. There's a perfect example of bad QC. If they could weed out the bad ones (at least most of them) they would have a winning product. It sems like if they're going to fail, they will do so right out of the box or shortly thereafter. If they put the scopes through some testing before sending them out to the dealers, and charged $50 or even $100 more to cover their cost, I wouldn't have a problem paying it for a scope with those features and a good track record.

I had apprx 70 rounds through my 10FP when I started shooting this afternoon. I have the TRS-1 and 7 rounds into today the recticle rotated about 15 to 20 degrees clockwise. When I get my new one back from warranty I will be glad to sell it to you but I will never put another one back on my rifle! I should have went SS from the beginning! Could have saved a lot of time and trouble