• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Millett LRS-1 Illuminated reticle

Re: Millett LRS-1 Illuminated reticle

I take it you mean the 6-25x56 LRS-1?

Well SWFA has them listed for $459.95. The non illuminated model for $399.99. They list both the moa/mil and mil/mil in illuminated and non illuminated but actually getting one is a different story. I've been waiting on a non illuminated version I ordered for about 6 weeks. I ordered it because I was in a rush and the production Falcon Meance's where still not available. Wishing I had just pre-ordered a Falcon right about now.

As far as the feed back goes the everything I've read about the early ones said they where junk with the reveiws steadily getting better as time passed. But for $400 why not try it, right?

I just bought the TRS-1 4-16x50 from Opticsplanet.net ($340.00). It should arrive in the mail on the 14th and I am excited. I have read nothing but good things about the scope. The 1st Generation apparently had a few annoying kinks to be worked out, but this new 2009 model is supposed to be right. I will let you know once I can develop a strong opinion.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just bought the TRS-1 4-16x50 from Opticsplanet.net ($340.00). It should arrive in the mail on the 14th and I am excited. I have read nothing but good things about the scope. The 1st Generation apparently had a few annoying kinks to be worked out, but this new 2009 model is supposed to be right. I will let you know once I can develop a strong opinion.</div></div>

I am trying one of the new TRS-1 scopes out right now. So far I have found:

Turrets have a nice positive audible clicks with very little play
Locking turret feature works
Side focus knob is smooth and works
76 total moa adjustment not 90 as advertised
Mid grade average glass
Wide field of view & eye relief is very good through the full power range.
Reticle is canted slightly or the elevation turret isn't level. I didn't level the reticle by the turret I used a plumb line.
The reticle is accurate on 10x and it is marked by a audible click when get on 10x. By the manual on 12x the Mildot values are 3" and 16x they are 2.5". With 1/4 clicks that is good because you then have a inch/inch turrets/reticle, no conversions.
Illuminated reticle works good since the they toned it down
Butler Creek cap sizes = 16 eye and 44 obj

Overall a good scope for what you get for the price.

GC

Finally got my LRs-1 in the other day. Seems to be a good scope. Has pretty clean and crisp clicks the turret locks are okay but nothing to write home about. When you lock and unlock them your turret position mark tends to move a bit but no big deal as I won't use them anyway. Glass is alot better than expected. The reticle isn't canted. Or atleast doesn't appear to be. The rings that came with it are monsterous. They are about 4x as tall as need be and the threads are a little rough and feel like they are cross threading no matter what you do. I'm gonna give TPS a call and remedy the ring problem ASAP. All and all I'm impressed with it. Especially for the price. Overall the scope seems to be a damn good product and the rings useable.

The Butler Creek cap sizes for the LRS-1 are 16 eye and 51 objective.

It's a very large huge scope and has about 170 moa total adjustment. Here is one mounted on a Savage 10 FCP-K with AccuStock.

MillettLRS-2-1.jpg

MillettLRS-3-1.jpg

GC

I have one of the non-lit reticle LRS'. First off, I agree with everything said above about it. The tracking was good and the glass was better than I was expecting.

I put ~300 rounds thru my R700 in .308 with it on, then the focus ring went out and the parallax is way off. It is on it's way back to Bushnell for repair. Have only had it for about 3 months. Rifle now has a Nikon Monarch back on it.

SY

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MAX100</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The reticle is accurate on 10x and it is marked by a audible click when get on 10x. By the manual on 12x the Mildot values are 3" and 16x they are 2.5". With 1/4 clicks that is good because you then have a inch/inch turrets/reticle, no conversions.
</div></div>

Im a little slow here so at what power does it show as a moa retical?

I have an LRS 1 Iluminated retical version on order from SWFA. According to Busnelle and SWFA, they will be getting the new model around the end of this month.

Fist thing Im going to do is have someone throw that damn sunshade on a lathe and cut about 2-3 inches off of it.

My rifle should be here tomorrow and then I can mount this TRS and go shoot sometime next week. ...I hate waiting for new gear and guns!!!

I wish Millett would have put some nicer Japanese glass in the TRS & LRS scopes. I would be willing to pay a little more for better glass. I am sure others would also.

As it stands now they just have OK mid grade glass.

Steve @ Millett I hope you read this.

GC

Hello all,

I went back and forth deciding between the LRS-1 and TRS-1 for a while and ended up getting the TRS-1.

Before purchasing, I called Bushnell and asked them when the Illuminated LRS-1 would be available, and I was told "early August".

I read a lot of negative posts about the LRS-1 on opticstalk, however, it sounds like in most of these cases, the people who contacted support were taken care of.

Mine is going on an AR, and another deal breaker factor for me was that I couldn't get 35mm rings for my LaRue QD LT-104, and I was afraid that eye relief would be a factor with the provided rings.

4385402021_ca972b8485_b.jpg