• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Millett LRS-1 Took a Dump

enmerdeur

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2008
American Fork - Utah
Well I have had a Millet LRS-1 for the past 2 years and it seemed to be a good scope for the money. Glass is not bad the and controls worked well.

Well today as I was shooting, my DPMS LR-380 went from a sub MOA shooter to about a 4 MOA shooter! I was looking things over to see whats up and sure enough as I would work the zoom on the scope the reticle was doing a nice little dance.

Has anyone else had issues like this with this scope? How is Millett's customer service.

I have Super Snipers on my other 2 guns and they have been great. I am thinking about replacing this one with a SS 16X

Re: Millett LRS-1 Took a Dump

Millett is warrantied through Bushnell now which has been spotty with their CS. Sorry about it crapping out on you and good luck with Bushnell on getting it fixed/replaced

dang that sux, but i gotta say i cant wait to forward this to a buddy who was considering a millet, but i talked him into a super sniper. wasnt easy to convince him either

Well I am going to send it off and hope for the best. Meanwhile I think I will be looking for a 16X Super Sniper to replace.

Nice scope while it lasted.

I will update on the my CS experience with Millett/Bushnell.

Just came in to crap all over Millet and found this thread. First off I have a friend with 4 of them mounted on various calibers(,308, 300UM, .50BMG and one other) and all have performed great for him over a 4 year period so when another friend of mine came to me last week for a recommendation on a scope at or around $300 with high magnification I did not hesitate to recommend the TRS1. Well the scope arrived from Midway on Friday, mounted it yesterday and upon setting it up at the range their is now a loose object inside. The object appears to be an O-ring or something of the sort loose inside. When we shake the scope enough it will disappear then re-appear when shot or shaken again. Needless to say I feel horrible for making the suggestion and even worst I've made various positive comments for them in various threads in the past based on the first ones I experienced. WOW NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!

Don't get too discouraged, I've seen some posts where people have had no problems with getting them replaced thru Bushnell. Also, I wouldn't be too quick to dump on Millet over this, shit happens and it happens with all scopes. I had my reticle become canted all of a sudden in my $2000 Vortex Razor. I wasn't real happy about it but Vortex prompltly sent me a replacement and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one. I have had 5 different TRS-1's over the years, I still have and use 2 of them and I have never had a problem with them!

same here. bushnell replaced my TRS-1 wit no questions. paid shipping both ways after i had a talk with them explaining it was never shot.

more recently i bought a DMS-1 here from a member. had a stiff zoom ring. i called bushnell and sent it in and they sent me a brand new DMS-1 with a silky smooth zoom.

my TRS-1 is way better and way more scope than the SS10X i had. i sold it without even mounting it. it was milky compared to my millett.

dont hate, just follow the instructions on bushnells website. their attitude towards these scope has changed and they fix or replace without hassle. take everything off and send only the scope. they will send you back a NIB one. i have 2 of everything in the DMS-1 and TRS-1 scopes. take out the batteries too

oh and nothing lasts forever. but that warranty will live as long as you do

Thanks Axeman. That gives me some hope. I sent it out yesterday as per their instructions. I also have the DMS 1 on my AR 15. It hasn't given me any problems.

at first they were kinda hesitant and not very cooperative with the milletts, but then they just started replacing them. ive heard guys get all pissy and say they threw them away or smashed them or silly shit like that. hell send them to me, ill get new ones and keep them, lol.

hey, did you know there is an extra battery in one of the turret caps of the DMS-1? the bigger of the two has a spare battery in it. keep all your stuff, rings, shade, whatever. they will send you a new scope i bet. its a pain, but its cheaper ($10) than a new scope. and if it happens again, well its a pain, but $10 and you get another. granted its not a USO or S&B and they may not have the problems. but not everybody can stick a USO on a 22 or a S&B on their 308. my TRS-1 is fine, but id never blow it up either. and its way better than the SS10X i had in my hands. i didnt even bother buying rings to mount the SS it was that un impressive to me. but what do i know, i shoot a millett on a savage
smile.gif

Axe, if people start sending you their broken milletts, share some with me!! LOL. I'm setting here looking at the TRS-1 on my 10FP and the only thing I wish is that Millett would change that big ugly ass parallax knob! LOL. What was the purpose in making that thing so damn big?

Well they shipped out a new unit to me Friday. Great service so far. I will report back when I receive the new unit.

i know, and thats bigger than the older versions, lol. my first one was way stiff. the new mil/mil was fine. maybe its ... hell i cant even think of a good joke for it, lol

Well just as a follow up.

Their customer services is great. They sent a brand new replacement. I mounted it to my LR-308 and went out shooting. All the controls worked fine and scope functioned as it should.

Sadly this scope has inferior glass compared to the one that broke. Milky when you went much past 12.5 in maginification.

I have sold it and will be getting a 16X Super Sniper.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Enmerdeur</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well just as a follow up.

Their customer services is great. They sent a brand new replacement. I mounted it to my LR-308 and went out shooting. All the controls worked fine and scope functioned as it should.

Sadly this scope has inferior glass compared to the one that broke. Milky when you went much past 12.5 in maginification.

I have sold it and will be getting a 16X Super Sniper. </div></div>

You saved me some money. I have a SS 10x on my 10fp and want a vari, no Millet for me.