• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Millett scopes????

browningboy84

Minuteman
May 7, 2009
Georgia
I am tryin to get a tactical scope, and my budget has been skewered. I am considering a Millett, cause I am down to $500-$600 for the scope.
frown.gif

We are buying a house, and I had to get me a better CCW pistol. Thanks for the help in advance

Re: Millett scopes????

medic, a friend has a millett and likes it to a point. When he shoots past 700 yards the tracking is not quite correct he said. Other than that it was good. You may also want to look at the Falcon menace 4-14 for just over $400 shipped. I myself would do the menace because of the features I am looking for. HTH

I have been shooting a Millet 4-16 on my bolt gun and a 1-4x on my AR both for about 2 years. Lots of rounds and I have not babied ether. I have not had any problems with mine. I just got the new model of the 4-16, it now has 1/4 moa knobs and seems to have a couple of nice features. Pretty much everyone who has looked though it was liked it. Is it a S&B or USO, no, but for $350 it has definitely served me well. I say go for it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FNG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">medic, a friend has a millett and likes it to a point. <span style="font-weight: bold">When he shoots past 700 yards the tracking is not quite correct he said. </span> Other than that it was good. You may also want to look at the Falcon menace 4-14 for just over $400 shipped. I myself would do the menace because of the features I am looking for. HTH </div></div>

How can a scope track properly out to 700 yards and then not track properly? Please explain.

It doesnt track right from any range, he just doesnt notice it untill that range. Im sure it tracks just as bad at close range but the tracking will get exponentially worse the longer the range. I had a Buck gold 6-25x56 (witch is I guess their "LRS-1" now?) and it had a canted reticle. BAD. Sent it back and Milletts customer service was awsome and got a new one fast. However the "new" scope had the reticle canted to the other side and you could see and hear a light "click" in the scope when the syn heated in up and I had bullets going all over the pace with both. I wont touch Millett with a broom stick.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
How can a scope track properly out to 700 yards and then not track properly? Please explain.</div></div>

I had a Leupold 6.5-20x50 LRT that tracked perfectly to 15 MOA then from 15-25 MOA it was off and then even more from 25 MOA up. I had a two equations I used to multiply the data from 15-25 MOA and 25 MOA and up with to make it correct. Worked fine then. It can happen.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
How can a scope track properly out to 700 yards and then not track properly? Please explain.</div></div>

I had a Leupold 6.5-20x50 LRT that tracked perfectly to 15 MOA then from 15-25 MOA it was off and then even more from 25 MOA up. I had a two equations I used to multiply the data from 15-25 MOA and 25 MOA and up with to make it correct. Worked fine then. It can happen. </div></div>

Wow that's crazy. What do you think cause it? PArtially stripped?

I doubt it was anything stripped. It was very repeatable so it must have just been threaded wrong.

The Millett TRS-1 is a good scope for it's price range. They are hot sellers and have a low return rate.

GC