• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Millett TRS-1 or Falcon Menace 4-14x44 FFP

robertg

Private
Minuteman
Mar 31, 2009
NJ
Hello all,

I want to add a new scope to my Rem 700 SPS Varmint, and both of these seem to fit the bill. I am just not sure which way to go. Any opinions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Millett TRS-1 or Falcon Menace 4-14x44 FFP

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Falcon.

FFP and 1/4 MOA or .1 Mil adjustments trump the SFP and 1/8 MOA on the Millett.</div></div>

Indeed. Plus you can get something more than a plane jane MilDot. I like the enhanced, other folks like the hashes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FFP and 1/4 MOA or .1 Mil adjustments trump the SFP and 1/8 MOA on the Millett.</div></div>

The new 2009 TRS-1 & LRS-1 scopes have 1/4" and .1 Mil clicks.

I prefer a SFP scope. I would save up and get a little nicer scope than the Falcon or Millett.

GC

another +1 for the Falcon, check with Robert Snyder (RWS Gunsmithing) he's a Hide member & Falcon dealer.

Thanks everyone for the input. I have been leaning towards the Falcon. I do like the lower price of the Millett though. If I did end up going with the Millett, will I be disappointed? My rifle will mostly be a paper puncher, and might possibly get used for some deer hunting. Thanks again.

lonewolf.
thanks for that review. i just recieved my Falcon about ten mins ago and have been sitting at my dest looking it over. it does seam to be a very well built scope. but the plain box and lack of printing on the scope worried me for a min. i have never seen a company spend so little time on brand placement that it through me off for a second. but after reading your review i felt alot better.

i will be posting more reviews in the next couple of weeks as i test the hell out of this thing and my new rifle.

thanks.
gary

Thanks everyone for all the input. It looks like Falcon is the way to go. So, which reticle do you think would be better and MOA or Mil adjustment? I am new to this whole long range thing and don't have a preference myself, but I guess it also depends on what is available in the market. But any input on this would be appreciated as well. Thanks again.

Ok, so what would you order for Mil/Mil?

Does it matter which reticule you order? I assume what Falcon cals metric is mil adjustments.

Thanks,

Nick

Ok, so that is one vote for the MIL version. If I go with the MOA version, will I regret it? Anyone else have input on which version. I do like the enhanced reticle more, so that will most likely the be the reticle. Thanks again.