• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Millett TRS 1 zeroing question

LS6TT

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2009
DFW, Texas
googled and searched nada.

when i undo the screw on the target knobs the following occurs

1st i cant remove it all the way, even when locked when i turn too much it will move the knob
2nd when i loosen the screw enough to lift the knob up and turn it to zero (locking rings are in locked position) i still hear clicks. a different clicking sound then when tightened but still.

so do i have an issue should the screws be coming all the way out? and if not is that other clicking im hearing not actually engaging adjustments and the scope is gtg?

Re: Millett TRS 1 zeroing question

Been a while since I did mine, but if memory serves, you can't fully remove the screw, and you will feel 'soft clicks' when repositioning the turrets, but you aren't actually changing the adjustment. So just loosen the screw as much as possible, lift the turret as high as possible and turn carefully, then retighten the screw. You should be fine.

Re: Millett TRS 1 zeroing question

Hi
I am the guy that designed the millett scope you are talking about.

The following covers the adjustment of the knobs to 0

the allen screw is captive, you can not remove it. loosen fully till it stops. Lift up on the knob holding up pressure on the knob as you turn the knob to the desired position. tighten the screw. The click you will feel if the screw is loose are the detents but will not change the zero.

hope this helps.

Good shooting

Steve