• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Millett TRS-2 confusion

Buster95

Private
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2008
Montreal Canada
I know nothing about scopes and I'm interested in a Millett TRS-2 10X but on Millett website they have two models BK81003 with Illuminated Mil-DotBar and BK81009 with .1 Mil Click Value Ill. Mil-DotBar which one is a better choice? Also what about the TRS-1 4-16x 50mm better than the fixed power TRS-2? I know Super sniper scopes are really good but they are not available in Canada.

Re: Millett TRS-2 confusion

If Millett's thinking is the same as the TRS-1(BK81001 & BK81008) then both will be mil dot reticules and one will be 1/8MOA or 1/4MOA while the other will be 0.1mil clicks. If you're thinking of the TRS-1 then you should look down this forum for a recent posting on that model. The results are mixed so be aware of the possibilities.

PS
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2511821#Post2511821

The TRS-1 4-16x50 is a great scope for the money. I have one on one of my rimfire training rifles. All of the models come with Mil dot reticles, but you can choose between mil turrets or moa turrets.

Again, it's no top of the line scope by any means. But I don't think you can get a better scope for $300.

If you're going to get one, get the one with the .1 Mil clicks. Then you'll have knobs that match your reticle and will only have to worry about 1 system.

ditto. mines fine. bushnell has a great warranty. check the travel of the turrets and make sure you are getting the travel its supposed to have. 25ish mils or 80ish MOA. the 4-16 is nice. for that money there arent many with the features. if you dont care about matching reticle to the turrets, vortex scopes are good. midway usa has a weaver 3-10x tactical and a bushnell 3200 10x that are mil/mil but none have a lighted reticle. for $375 there is a 4-16x falcon that SWFA sells thats even ffp

Thank for the replies guys. So the TRS-1 4X16 is a better choice than the TRS-2 10X ? I read on different forum that fixed power are clearer than variable is this true?

fixed is as clear as it can be. when you add variable to an optic, you kinda have to compromise. it cannot be as clear at 4x as it is at 16x. even the best are that way id say, just to a lesser degree. id say a fixed 16x would be better than the same brand of 4-16x at 16x. there is nothing wrong with a fixed scope. i will say that i notice when im laying in my yard looking at stuff, i see things at 4x i dont see at 16x and places inbetween. its nice to have the option to cycle from 4x to 16x to look stuff over. thats just my thoughts though.

The difference is one is 1/4 moa clicks, the other is .1 mil clicks.

The .1 mil is a better choice.

A better choice would be the weaver grand slam tactical from midwayusa when on sale for 300 bucks.

Not much more $, gives you a variable power and much better quality.