• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Millett TRS & LRS scopes...

El Wray

Sergeant
Minuteman
<span style="color: #333300"><span style="font-weight: bold">I'm interested in the Millett TRS & LRS scopes to be mounted on a 24" heavy barrel 6.5 Grendel AR15 for long distance shooting (and cost effectiveness). Any thoughts???</span></span>

Re: Millett TRS & LRS scopes...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ToddKS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My first recommendation is the search engine (see link below):

http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=010955838166721108978:qcbx5qqy10o&hl=en

On a personal note, I had a really bad experience with the Millett LRS. 4 warranty returns.

If budget is an issue, look at the Vortex Viper. </div></div>
I have considered the Vortex Vipers, particularly the PST's which have the same features I'm looking for such as illuminated Mildot reticle, .1 mil controls, but for a 1/3 of the price, is the quality that big of a difference???

That depends on how important accurate tracking is to you. To me, if a scope won't track, I have no use for it.

My Millett LRS experiences involved scopes with tracking deficiencies up to 2-3x the input on the knobs and an absolute inability to return to zero.

That is just my experience, I am sure others have had better.

I will be sending my TRS in for warranty work it will not hold a zero. The ocular lens is loose and wiggles inside the scope body as you turn it you can see the cross hairs move. A PST is in my my future and ill put the TRS on my 17HMR.

I know that others have had some issues with the TRS-1's. However, I have had 5 total, 3 of the older 1/8th moa models and 2 of the newer .1 mil models and all have performed flawlessly! I wish I had held on to one of the .1 mil models as a backup and will probably purchase another one in the near future. The next one I get may end up being a giant piece of shit but based on the performance of the 5 that I've had, I doubt it!