• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Milspec ATACR

HAMBURGERATTACK

Private
Minuteman
Nov 9, 2019
I'm set on getting an ATACR after a bad experience with a K16i last year.

Saw an article online mentioning how the new SOCOM contract is for FDE ATACR with a BDC reticle...

Article I read mentions how the Milspec variant is exclusive to the contract.

Anyone think we will start seeing civilian ATACR models with FDE anodize or a BDC reticle within the next year? I would hold my purchase off for that.
Untitled.png

Last edited:
Reactions: deersniper
I think thats going to be a 50/50 chance.
No matter what there will be a premium because it’s used by the military.
I don’t think you’ll loose that much money if you by a used atacr here for now. When or even if they do release one sell the used atacr and buy the milspec. You’ll have a great scope while your waiting for the maybe to happen. Or run the scope you have if you still have it.
Maybe someone has some inside info that can advise more here.

Reactions: HAMBURGERATTACK
I think thats going to be a 50/50 chance.
Or run the scope you have if you still have it.
Maybe someone has some inside info that can advise more here.

Had to send the K16i back because the front fell off. Not even joking - confirmed some QC rumors I was worried about.
Need a LPVO bad...How often do the ATACR 1-8xs pop up used here?
I could stomach a new one coming out soon if I got it used - but never have purchased a used optic before.

That’s a tough one fo
Had to send the K16i back because the front fell off. Not even joking - confirmed some QC rumors I was worried about.
Need a LPVO bad...How often do the ATACR 1-8xs pop up used here?
I could stomach a new one coming out soon if I got it used - but never have purchased a used optic before.
I’m honestly not sure on that model for the px sales. I zero in on a lot of mid to higher magnification scopes vs the LPVO.

As far as buying used that’s a tough one for me as well. I really like to buy optics as new. Rules out previous owner error/damage misuse, abuse etc in my mind and keep it solely on myself and the manufacture if the scope has an issue. But because it’s Nightforce. I took a chance once on a used one and was very happy with it. Their rugged as shit. I don’t here anything about someone buying a used one here and complain about it being broken or messed up. I Don’t see much of any returns to Nightforce as a matter of fact. But i know it happens.
No manufacture is perfect. Some are damn close to that track record though. Cough cough zco! I’ll be keeping an eye out on the 1-8 for ya.

Added edit: just searched and based off px history I’d look for around $2100-$2200 being the market. Not bad their $2800 retail.

Last edited:
Found one for $2430 New but I've gotta do like $170 tax on top of that. $2200 would square me good. Ill probably post a buy add if I am allowed with no member.
You’ll have to purchase the post count upgrade to do that. Or wait until you have 100 posts.