• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Min and Max load for 139 Senars in a 6.5cm

tag_heuer

Lead Farmer and Garbage Collector
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2013
NOR CAL
I just started reloading 6.5cm, but I can't find any load data. I'm using 139 senars with H4350, CCI primers and Hornady brass. I have no idea where the min and max is to do a load work up.

Thanks for any help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is tons of data in the reloading depot. Hodgdon's data is accessible online as well.

[video]http://www.hodgdonreloading.com/data/rifle[/video]

The load puts it between 36-40 for a 140 Amax (they didn't have 139s) and the individual who replied after you puts it up to 43.5. This is where I'm looking for concrete data and see a lot of fluctuations.

I also appreciate your help

The load puts it between 36-40 for a 140 Amax (they didn't have 139s) and the individual who replied after you puts it up to 43.5. This is where I'm looking for concrete data and see a lot of fluctuations.

You won't find any (good) concrete data for H4350, almost every source of published data is very conservative and most everyone exceeds said data by 1-2gr which is why you see a ton of fluctuations when people talk about the load that they are using. Working up from 41-43.5 would be an excellent choice and you are almost guaranteed to find your best load somewhere in there.

If you must have some published data because it makes you feel better then I would go by Hornady's 140gr data. Their maximum is 41.5gr but like I said you should continue on up and find the maximum for YOUR rifle. I found my load at 42.1gr.

Good luck!

It will depend on your barrel or rifle. Some are maxed out at 42grs others can go over 43+. Like was stated above, work up from 41grs and you should find something it likes.....

That's why I recommended the reloading depot. The information you seek has been covered extensively here for many years. Also, it's worthwhile to substitute other bullets on the hodgdon site, which will help you bracket a charge range. The shape of a sierra 142 is nearly identical to the 139 for example, and the data shows a max of 41.5 gr. Ultimately, only you can decide what is right for your rifle. Worst case scenario is you dont find max on your first range trip.