• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Jim Out

Banhammer
Banned !
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2020
Tucson
I'm not big on docu-drama, but give this one a chance.

The story is woven around a war-photographer, WWII - Pacific Theater, W. Eugene 'Gene' Smith, seriously injured by mortar fire during the Battle of Okinawa. He also sustained injuries in two plane crashes.

The movie soundtrack sets the mood from the opening with Ten Years After:

I'm not a commie, a tree-hugger or an anti-capatilist, but fuck a company that poisons it's neighbors (from 1908 until 1968)

The Chisso Corporation (チッソ株式会社, Chisso kabushiki kaisha), since 2012 reorganized as JNC (Japan New Chisso),[1] is a Japanese chemical company. It is an important supplier of liquid crystal used for LCDs, but is best known for its role in the 34-year-long pollution of the water supply in Minamata, Japan that led to thousands of deaths and victims of disease.

This kind of puts nukeing the shit out of Japan into perspective.....

.....kind of insignificant imho.

Let's hope for Depp's sake that this role is a step towards getting his shit together. Considering how far his star has fallen in Hollyweird, he'll likely get criticism here for playing a "white savior" role - if he isn't facing that already. I really don't know since I mostly quit paying attention to "culture".

Love that Ten Years After song; 50 years later it's become relevant all over again.

Reactions: Jim Out
Let's hope for Depp's sake that this role is a step towards getting his shit together. Considering how far his star has fallen in Hollyweird, he'll likely get criticism here for playing a "white savior" role - if he isn't facing that already. I really don't know since I mostly quit paying attention to "culture".

Love that Ten Years After song; 50 years later it's become relevant all over again.
It was always relevant.

Reactions: Jim Out and rhsc