• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mini ball head for for LRF?

deersniper

Protecting the Sheep
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Feb 22, 2007
    Northeast
    any cheaper mini ball head options to set up something like this ?

Specifically the ball head under the LRF

1AB9523E-E36C-4D0D-BF3B-387D71712993.jpeg

Yep, used a little Sunwayfoto ball head for the LRF and used the main ball head on the MUB plate to aim the spotting scope.

Works well and at the time I didn't want to spend mo' money on a more expensive ball head and this seems to work fine.

I have a new tripod (two vets) and a Anvil 30 coming for it....but will still have the Sunway for the LRF

1643413809090.jpeg

any cheaper mini ball head options to set up something like this ?

Specifically the ball head under the LRF

View attachment 7795979

That’s a good looking setup 😉

There’s a few knock off ones similar on Amazon.

But the RRS really is that good.

If you want, PM me an address. I have like 4 of these things I’ve accumulated. I’ll send you one, on us.

Reactions: deersniper
    i use a cheap geared head for the rf so i can scan back and forth or up and down precisely when the target is tough.

Reactions: deersniper
    If you go to Able Table’s Instagram page, they have videos that discuss various ball head, qd, and etc attachments for various devices and where to get them from. It’s a 20min video with a lot of good information.

ZTYEu5n.jpg

Can recommend LRF ball head, very convenient. Mine is made by Gitzo for their micro CF tripod, it's awesome but expensive and I would not buy one just for this setup (I have the tripod too so I already had the ball head). Smallrig makes some very good and inexpensive heads to check out. Also a fan of the MUB Mod Dos over the Abel Table for spotting station use (I have both - the Abel is better as a tripod rest for your Game Changer or for holding small objects that could roll/fall off, but the Mod Dos MLOK system is more accessible and the central screws are recessed so they don't interfere with the ARCA rail like they do on the Abel).

i use a cheap geared head for the rf so i can scan back and forth or up and down precisely when the target is tough.
    THAT is the one I have problems finding. What IS a cheap geared head that is not overly bulky, and works?

I have a geared drive mil tripod that I love, so get the method of operation and really really want to find a good solution for situations like this to tack one onto the top of a tripod or plate.

THAT is the one I have problems finding. What IS a cheap geared head that is not overly bulky, and works?

I have a geared drive mil tripod that I love, so get the method of operation and really really want to find a good solution for situations like this to tack one onto the top of a tripod or plate.
    it isn't big or bulky, but it is sort of heavy...

small_spotter.JPG