• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors mini brevis

taliv

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 21, 2010
TN
finally got to shoot this can i bought from 762frmafr early this year.

it is awesome. i'm extremely happy with it. much better than i was expecting. i have it on a 10.5" noveske with switchblock and h2 buffer. since the can is 3.5" and .5" of each are threads, it's like having a 14" barrel. and the combination is very smooth shooting and i'm not getting any gas in the face.

BREVIS-Suppressors-Silencer.jpg

Re: mini brevis

Tom, 10.5 223? Is the mini brevis a 223 can? What all can you tell us about the sound suppression?

http://www.deltapdesign.com/suppressors/brevis-5-56-Compact-suppressor

yeah, 223 can. hard to say as different people hear different things, but i'd say it's almost ear safe. shooting all day at the range, you'd want ear pro. but a couple rounds without ear pro wasn't painful. i've got almost 500 rnds of PRVI M193 through it since thursday.

it is kinda heavy (i've become accustomed to the thunderbeast titanium cans) but it's so short the weight is practically in your hands and much less noticable as compared to a can on the end of a 20" barrel.

it takes forever to cool off though.

photobucket-15251-1347164188807.jpg

i have been very happy with my brevis compact. i did put mine on the scale and it came in at 16.8 OZ but its so compact it makes it feel heavy for the size

i shot it tonight with 75g handloads that were not max. much softer and actually a good bit more comfortable hearing-wise, as compared to the factory m193 i was shooting past few days.