• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mini Fortune Cookie w/ RRS clamp or Game Changer w/out clamp

Ted Bell

"Living the dream"
Minuteman
Mar 10, 2010
I'm new to precision long range shooting, and am looking for advice on the game changer- style bags. I don't know if any of the Wiebad mini fortune cookies with the RRS clamp have shipped yet, so there might not be any hands-on experience to draw from, but I was trying to decide between getting a Game Changer bag with the straps or the Fortune Cookie with the clamp. The advantage of having the bag attached via the clamp is clear, but I wonder how much of a potential disadvantage the clamp might be in limiting the ways you can position or use the bag. Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks,
Ted

Either bag is a go honestly the clamp really isn’t necessary I own both bags and find the fortune cookie a lot more convenient

If you haven't, check out the Tactical Udder from Bison Tactical. Fred is a great guy and worth making a call to.

After using the fortune cookie with the clamp and owning a gamechanger with the straps I don’t use either. I wouldn’t suggest strapping a bag to a rifle. I would go with the waxed canvas og gamechanger.
I currently use the black branch gecko 2 and a sap solo sack. Between those 2 it covers almost everything.
I’ve also been trying out my pint sized waxed canvas heavy fill gamechanger more and more. It’s a bag I want to like, but honestly it’s been a little challenging. On most barricades I find myself turning it on it’s side.

Reactions: Tx_Aggie
The Blamm wedge bag works well too, for a clamp on style bag. I use the udder bag and that for just about anything.

Just found this company on another thread but warhorse development makes the camanche looks perfect

Reactions: WYO09
New Area419 set up, mini gamechanger w/ tab and Arca adapter. Hopefully soon a full size game changer w/ same set up...

Reactions: TheMammoth
Lots of good choices. I own several game changers, a solo sack, and fortune cookie. They all work, some in certain scenarios, but game changer without straps is my most used. Go to any two day PRS match and that's not uncommon, game changer all over the place. Most folks seem fond of the newest version in waxed canvas. It's the only bag many good shooters use, maybe along with a large positional bag. Game changer makes solid rear bag, so it's a bag many folks will use on every stage. But like I said lots of good choices out there.

Yea ordered a camanche from warhorse development there is a wait but he was awesome to work with and is made of quality material. Haven’t seen something that could compete all around