• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mini mammoth?

DynamicAccuracy

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
May 6, 2017
Mexico, MO
Is there any matches that are smaller versions of mammoth? Something with a 10-15 mile ruck but a similar field match type course of fire as mammoth?

The only one I could find is the Allegheny Sniper Challenge in WV. But they canceled this year due to COVID

Is there any matches that are smaller versions of mammoth? Something with a 10-15 mile ruck but a similar field match type course of fire as mammoth?

The Burris Team challenge is what you are looking for, but it did just happen.
The Team Safari is even easier at probably 5ish miles a day and is coming up.

Then the Sniper adventure challenge is probably almost as difficult as mammoth.

Reactions: never_summer
While I’ve heard it’s very similar or as difficult, the Bushnell elite tactical sniper challenge is suppose to be very good.
One down south is the 12 hundo in hondo, haven’t seen many reviews on it but I can say the accommodations at Valdina ranch are nice.

The only one I could find is the Allegheny Sniper Challenge in WV. But they canceled this year due to COVID

I finally made it into ASC after two years of trying and then COVID came along. :-(

Good news is I signed up for CD Team Safari, so that's an acceptable trade off. Hopefully they won't have to start cancelling the CD events.

Ive shot Mammoth twice and Safari and am going to team safari next month. Bushnell(vortex) is shorter(20-25 miles) and CD Sniper Adventure is MUCH HARDER than Mammoth. Mammoth was 41 miles over 3 days last year. SAC is 40-50 miles in 30 hours. I also want to find more matches like this.

Reactions: agr490
Would like to bring this thread back to life!!!!

What "mini-mammoth" type matches are happening in 2022? Please associate the event with a state please, I can barely keep track of all of our dogs names and locations.

@DerrtyMac Specifically, you want matches that have rucking and camping as a team? or just something that's physically demanding and in the same spirit?

@ChidJ

I personally would like to start off as an individual competitor with the ruck (<15 mile) and shooting, not wanting to add camping yet as I'm no where near geared for that yet. Wouldn't mind doing a team event with the same format. But just getting into it that away I could start planning for gear and time.

I was also going to look into doing a couple on The Tactical Games events as well, but those are not close and would require time.

At some point would like to do team events but want to have myself above being walking pile of maggot vomit