• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mini-Palma Targets

4Certain

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 15, 2020
Little Rock, AR
Good morning Sniperhide Rimfire Friends. At our club, we shoot a "Mini-Palma" Match using the long target with the Six Black Target Circles, LR-S. We do this alongside our 50 yard benchrest match. I understand the Mini-Palma Target "Mimics" shooting at 100 yards with rimfire, the 800, 900 and 1000 yard targets with a Centerfire Rifle. Three on the left are Sighter Targets and the Three on the Right are for scoring. The 14" x 42" LR-S target is what we have been using.

It seems to me that portion of our 'match' as become more popular with the presence of the Vudoo Repeaters. (What wonderful pieces of equipment!) The problem I was having was I could not see bullet holes very well and learn from the wind drift. I asked if I could make a target that had Black rings and on white paper so it was easier to see. Turns out several other fellows shooting the match had the same problem and welcomed the white background on the target.

In making the target we discovered that the Diameters given in the Rules Chart that we 'followed' (We do not follow all that closely, except for 15 shots per target circle, 45 total, for scoring in 30 minutes.) Turns out the Chart Diameters were slightly larger than the diameters on the targets that had been used for years. So I measured the variance in diameters with a Digital Caliper. Naturally the differences were not consistent from target to target, so I averaged them. The difference is not large, a Multiplier of 0.987422 will bring them down to size. (A 1.274% decrease.) I used a consistent reduction so I could give that to my AutoCAD friend and make it simple for him to reduce the target. We were able to put all the Shooter Circles and some reduced ring number Sighter Targets on the same 11x17 sheet. A size much easier to print and easier to handle.

Another thing I requested from my AutoCAD friend was 8.5x11 sizes of each of the 800, 900 and 1000 Reduced targets so I could print them on my own printer if desired for practice use.

So, Pasted here are the "Rules" with the size chart and one 11x17 Mini-Palma Target the size specified in the Chart. A second 11x17 Mini-Palma Target is pasted that has been Scaled Down the 'match' the older existing target. I Scaled it down with the Averaged Ratio of 0.987422 so the change in size would be uniform. Also, I will post the Three 8.5x11 targets for ease of printing for practice.

I do not know if there is something about the Black Background on the existing LR-S Targets that is part of the Official Sanctioned Match. If so I apologize. But the white background targets are easier for 70 year old eyes to see. It is for fun anyway...

So I paste these targets here for your use. Use them for practice and fun. For the Sanctioned Official Matches, do whatever is correct... 4Certain

Attachments

• Mini Palma Smallbore-Mini-Palma-Rules-r1.pdf
    41.5 KB · Views: 437
  • MINI-PALMA 11x17 100yd Scaled.pdf
    125 KB · Views: 256
  • MINI-PALMA 11x17 Target Dims Per Chart.pdf
    125.1 KB · Views: 222
  • MINI-PALMA 800 8.5x11 Scaled.pdf
    48.8 KB · Views: 220
  • MINI-PALMA 900 8.5x11 Scaled.pdf
    51.3 KB · Views: 171
  • MINI-PALMA 1000 8.5x11 Scaled.pdf
    53.7 KB · Views: 199
Definitely nabbing these, would make for quality practice with my AR’s buis. Appreciate it.

Reactions: 4Certain
Try gluing bright fluorescent colored paper to the back of the targets with the black bullseye. Then when the bullet passes through the black portion, you will be able to see a bright little ring of fluorescent paper around the hole, enabling you to see where you shot.

BTW, nice targets. I will be using these as well.

Try gluing bright fluorescent colored paper to the back of the targets with the black bullseye. Then when the bullet passes through the black portion, you will be able to see a bright little ring of fluorescent paper around the hole, enabling you to see where you shot.

BTW, nice targets. I will be using these as well.
Longshot231, I tried putting White Foam Board behind the Black Targets. That effort did not work at all for me.

Glad your Fluorescent Paper idea worked. 4Certain

i use flourescent green poster board for my targets.

B360D520-219C-4099-838B-AF54500F6576.jpeg
B360D520-219C-4099-838B-AF54500F6576.jpeg

I’m sure using regular flourescent paper will be just as good for seeing the bullet hole.