• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mini review of Precision Underground Comp bag (pics)..

Danattherock

Minuteman
  • Feb 17, 2017
    I ordered one of these a few days ago with a fairly specific purpose in mind. I can already tell by using the bag dry firing in the yard that this bag will serve many different purposes. It is very well made and of high quality materials.

The bag weighs approximately 4 lb which I find to be perfect. The dimensions are very usable in various orientations. My initial impression is on its side it would make a useful rear bag for normal bipod heights and oriented tall ways it would very likely work as a rear bag for those of us with a higher bipod. My Atlas PSR tall with two notches extended worked out great in this manner today prone.

The most intriguing aspect of this bag to me is the grippy material that covers both top and bottom sides in their entirety. Notice the picture below on the barstool. The rifle is clearly at an angle as is the bar stool on uneven ground. The only way this rifle balanced itself in this position is due to the grippy material. I was hesitant to let go of the rifle and take photographs based on its visual orientation. Yet there it sits, rock-solid.

I recently got an ARCA mounted plate from Gray Ops, Dave Preston's CNC precision rifle business. It's used as a tac table, but also can mount to your rifle. This is going to be a very popular option with many PRS shooter I suspect once the word gets out. That plate is why I sought out this bag initially and my original assertion proves correct. This bag attached to Dave's plate is incredibly solid.

There are lots of great bags out there and this one can be added to that list. It has an unusual shape for a heavy bag and along with the grippy material I think it's going to be a winner. I will try it on barrels, stumps, rocks, etc soon but I am already confident that it will perform well in a variety of circumstances.

IMG_20190125_134242628.jpg

IMG_20190125_135521539.jpg

IMG_20190125_135654571.jpg

20190125_144325-COLLAGE.jpg

Nice write up, the plate is interesting configured with the bag!
    I told him after using the bag he would prob ditch the plate! Though it literally looks like it was made to go on it. I think they will work great together.

When I saw the plate(after making the bag) I chuckled because they are trying to add surface area to soft and “flowing” bags to bring stability. My bag does this with density and friction alone. Not just friction from the grippy surface but friction in the fill. When compressed it kind of turns into a solid brick that is conformed to the rifle and the obstacle. Would you agree with that @Danattherock? You really see it when on a cattle gate or single post. It conforms and firms up and grips like crazy.

I ordered one of these a few days ago with a fairly specific purpose in mind. I can already tell by using the bag dry firing in the yard that this bag will serve many different purposes. It is very well made and of high quality materials.

The bag weighs approximately 4 lb which I find to be perfect. The dimensions are very usable in various orientations. My initial impression is on its side it would make a useful rear bag for normal bipod heights and oriented tall ways it would very likely work as a rear bag for those of us with a higher bipod. My Atlas PSR tall with two notches extended worked out great in this manner today prone.

The most intriguing aspect of this bag to me is the grippy material that covers both top and bottom sides in their entirety. Notice the picture below on the barstool. The rifle is clearly at an angle as is the bar stool on uneven ground. The only way this rifle balanced itself in this position is due to the grippy material. I was hesitant to let go of the rifle and take photographs based on its visual orientation. Yet there it sits, rock-solid.

I recently got an ARCA mounted plate from Gray Ops, Dave Preston's CNC precision rifle business. It's used as a tac table, but also can mount to your rifle. This is going to be a very popular option with many PRS shooter I suspect once the word gets out. That plate is why I sought out this bag initially and my original assertion proves correct. This bag attached to Dave's plate is incredibly solid.

There are lots of great bags out there and this one can be added to that list. It has an unusual shape for a heavy bag and along with the grippy material I think it's going to be a winner. I will try it on barrels, stumps, rocks, etc soon but I am already confident that it will perform well in a variety of circumstances.

View attachment 7011568

View attachment 7011569

View attachment 7011570

View attachment 7011571
    Bad ass Dan! Let me know if you’d like a little less or a little more fill and we will get you straight!

Reactions: Danattherock
    When compressed it kind of turns into a solid brick that is conformed to the rifle and the obstacle. Would you agree with that @Danattherock? You really see it when on a cattle gate or single post. It conforms and firms up and grips like crazy.

Yes, pic here displays the bag conforming to the prop, you can see it bulging around front and back aspects easily. The rifle was put together in last 24 hours, winds at 10-15 today, so was uneasy about having a $7k rig unattended for photo props today, lol. But it was sticky on that Comp bag!

IMG_20190125_134242628.jpg

Reactions: Lionsbreath
    Yes, pic here displays the bag conforming to the prop, you can see it bulging around front and back aspects easily. The rifle was put together in last 24 hours, winds at 10-15 today, so was uneasy about having a $7k rig unattended for photo props today, lol. But it was sticky on that Comp bag!

View attachment 7011800
    I feel you. I felt the same when I stepped back from this set up lol.
    D2DFFBF1-FFAD-412C-830A-ABC2DFE25301.jpeg

It’s decieving because the material doesn’t feel that grippy when you run your hand over it but when you put it on something it grabs like crazy.

What we were taking about before with not strapping it too tight... you can see in this pic how really tight straps would have made it too firm to conform and be effective. The sticky fill and grippy sides are enough to not need tight straps.

I’ve been following this bag, and I’m digging it... just wondering if this bag could work as well as a game-changer, or better on everything? All I currently use is a GC and a Tab STR8-lace bag.. I’m fairly new to match shooting, and I like the idea of having to use only one or two kickass bags.. Awesome pictures, btw

Got to use the bag some more today, I found it very useful in a variety of circumstances. With the bag slightly pinched between the magazine and the bipod, the rifle was very steady. I used it on rocks angled logs and sharp surfaces the grippy material really shows its value here.

IMG_20190208_110434944.jpg

My .02, ditch the straps, or make another version that is compatible with something like the cole tac backbone found here

https://www.cole-tac.com/product/backbone-bag-frame/
    I have made the front strap removable on all of them and I can make them both removable upon request. I have done a few like that. Adding something like in the link would make the grippy surface pointless because there would be very little contact between it and the rifle. The reason this bag works well is because it grips the rifle and the obstacle. I have made the bag a bit thicker to allow more room for the rifle to sink in. When the bag cradles the rifle correctly and the straps are tightened the grippy surface comes up on the sides of the rifle and really grips the heck out of it.

Based on my time with the comp bag I agree. I want as much surface of my rifle on the grippy rubber as possible.

Based on my time with the comp bag I agree. I want as much surface of my rifle on the grippy rubber as possible.
    If you “saw” the rifle back and forth a little and then retighten the first strap it will grab it really good. Leave the front strap a little loose to leave room for the fill to move.