• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mini Split

warnera1102

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2020
I have been looking into getting a 24,000 BTU mini split for my shop/man cave (770ft2). It seems as if the Pioneer, C&H and Senville units come off the same line. Does anyone have any experice with the Senville Units? The price is hard to beat honestly and I am in eastern NC so it should do the job, expecially with a fully insulated shop. My main reason is due to reloading in the shop.

I have been looking into getting a 24,000 BTU mini split for my shop/man cave (770ft2). It seems as if the Pioneer, C&H and Senville units come off the same line. Does anyone have any experice with the Senville Units? The price is hard to beat honestly and I am in eastern NC so it should do the job, expecially with a fully insulated shop. My main reason is due to reloading in the shop.
What is the price range? I've been contemplating one over a window unit for my sunroom.

ive got a mitsubishi mini split for my reloading room and love it. No experience with the one you mention but mini splits are the shit.

Where in eastern NC are you? Im in Pitt co.

Reactions: SWgeezer
Retired 40+ years HVAC contractor here. My last employer was the largest installer of VRF and mini splits in the USA and we used primarily Mitsubishi, LG and to a lesser extent Daikin. I'm not familiar with Senville but after looking at their website it looks like a good unit and they appear to be made in Canada so not Chicom. Try to keep your line set length as short as possible and make sure to have a good level base for the outdoor unit with good airflow.

Reactions: SWgeezer
I've been told that the Mitsubishi is by far the best unit to buy. I'm considering one for my garage. They're going to be more than $1200 but with everything, you get what you pay for.

Kinda like the firearm purchasing adage, Buy Once Cry Once.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
I've been told that the Mitsubishi is by far the best unit to buy. I'm considering one for my garage. They're going to be more than $1200 but with everything, you get what you pay for.

Kinda like the firearm purchasing adage, Buy Once Cry Once.
I can attest that Mitsu stuff is top notch. Out of thousands of units installed we had almost zero failures.

ive got a mitsubishi mini split for my reloading room and love it. No experience with the one you mention but mini splits are the shit.

Where in eastern NC are you? Im in Pitt co.
Man you are a long distance from me in Pitt Co haha ... Im in Washington (next to greenville) so I can see the Beaufort co Pitt co line from my work haha. Its nice to know somone with the same shooting passion is right next door!