• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Minimum legal barrel length for suppressor

longtines

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 6, 2005
Deep South
I have been thinking about doing a T/C Encore 300 Whisper project for my suppressor, so I started checking on line for barrels. I found 15" barrels on several sites, but I thought 16" was the minimum length without it being registered as an SBR.

What am I missing here???

Re: Minimum legal barrel length for suppressor

T/C's have pistol frames and barrels too, there is a good chance you were looking at a barrel that is made with the intention to be put on a pistol only.

yep , 15" is a standard length for the longer TC pistol barrels , I have two pistol barrels that are now rifle barrels by way of having a brake fitted to them and pinned in place making the OAL of the barrel 16" , makes for an awsome lightweight short range hunting rifle , both at 480 Ruger chambered.

I have an AR that I'm planning to cut the barrel down on and perminatly attach a suppressor to so that the OAL meets the 16" spec , thi sway I'll only have to register the suppressor on a form 1 rather than the upper on a SBR and the can seperatly

JJones, that is exactly what I had in mind for a little sweet potato pile thumper. Your AR idea is a good one, but I'm not willing to make my 30 cal suppressor a dedicated one. I like to use it on other rifles too.

Since the Encore frame is the same for pistol and rifle, I can see that this could get somebody in trouble if they didn't know any better.

Standard TC Whisper barrels are 1:10 twist... no good for 220 and 240 grain SMK's. Better to spend the 400 bucks and buy one from SSK or Bullberry.