• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Minimum seating depth?

lordt313

Private
Minuteman
May 27, 2007
Louisville. KY
Is there a minimum seating depth for 175 SMK's on FGMM trimmed to 2.008? I mean I know i cant go too deep, but is there a recognized point where the bullet is seated to deep?

Thanks,
Taylor

Re: Minimum seating depth?

Are you talking about Maximun seating depth? Meaning how deep can a bullet be seated in the casing as opposed to Minimum seating depth which refers to how little contact can a bullet have with the neck of the casing?

From most reloading manuals, the Maximum seating depth (corresponds to the shortest COAL, BTW) is about 2.800". The Minimum seating depth (corresponds to longest COAL), is whatever the chamber length is, or in the case of DBM, the mag length.

Re: Minimum seating depth?

I apologize, DesertHK you hit it exactly what i was looking for, I am still very new to reloading, I think I overthought what my manuals said, thanks

-Taylor