• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Minox 6-30

montgomery627

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2011
Bastrop, La.
Does anyone have any experience (good or bad) with these scopes? Thinking about getting one but, I can't find much information (reviews) about them online. Hope someone can help. Thanks in advance.

Re: Minox 6-30

From what I can find out, they use Schott glass which is basically a sister company to Zeiss. Not sure if its the same glass that Zeiss uses or not though. Do you know how it tracks? Overall performance of it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: montgomery627</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From what I can find out, they use Schott glass which is basically a sister company to Zeiss.</div></div>

Schott is a glass manufacturer. Many scope manufacturers purchase their glass from Schott, Zeiss being one such companies. Meopta also uses Schott glass for their defense contracting (tank commander parascopes, lenses in TOW missile systems, etc)

Not all Schott glass has the same properties. Manufacturers order glass with certain properties based on their needs.

Great glass but that's where it ends. Rest of scope is Chicom crap(and I'm being nice). Have sent a 1.5-8x32 back 5 times scope was replaced with new each time. Occular piece kept getting loose side to side wouldn't hold zero. Ajustment was mushy on all of them and clicks were barely there. Finally got full refund. Cust service was good, glass great, scope junk!! Wouldn't put one on a BB gun..

I've got a 4-20 and don't think it's quite as bad as Baypoint lets on. Mine was sent back and replaced with a new one due to problems with the knobs. Customer service was excellent; scope is clear and adjustments, while not crisp are adequate. Tunneling is pretty bad is my main complaint - if you get a little off from directly back, you can see the side on the tube. There are far, far better scopes for the money IMHO...