• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Minox finally gets into the game

LibertyOptics

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2004
Kalispell Montana
www.libertyoptics.com
Hiders,

Not sure if you've seen this already but some intriguing options/features.....can't wait to learn more.

New MINOX ZP Tactical Riflescopes Provide Ultimate Precision Performance : The Outdoor Wire

That 1-8x looks particularly interesting. The 3-15x50 and 5-25x56 are variations of a common theme, but, altogether now:

"Shooters can never have too many scope options!"

Looks like its time to dust off our old Minox dealership status. Let me know what you think and feel free to add any new info here.

Scott

Interesting. MSR style reticles look good too, although no Christmas tree options. Has anyone actually looked at a physical copy to check it out. Minox has a good reputation for price/performance with its glass, so these could give Vortex a run for its money if they are good.

Shamir

The feature set looks great. I wonder a bit about the eye box (not the same as eye relief), whether illumination is crisp and aligned with the reticle, and FOV. I really hope Minox has cracked the 1-8x code at what seems to be a reasonable price point.

Sure looks/sounds like a Premier to me.

Comparing the 5-25 models of the Minox, Heritage, and Tangent Theta:

Weight: 1100g, 1105g, 1150gr
Length: 415mm, 415mm, 425mm
Elevation adjustment: 28mrad, 28mrad, 28mrad
Windage adjustment: 6mrad, 6mrad, 6mrad
Illumination settings: 11, 11, 11
Eye relief: 90mm, 90mm, 90mm
FOV @5 power @ 100m: 7.6m, 7.6m, 7.6m
FOV @25 power @ 100m: 1.6m, 1.6m, 1.6m
Adjustment per turn: 15mrad, 15mrad, 15mrad

Hmmmm.

Hopefully TT decided to simply license the rights of the old Premier Heritage design to Minox.

Will these be serviced in the USA? In Virginia???

Last edited:
I'm betting the common thread is Optronika....

Lets hope so. The Premier/Optronika product is a great one, and frankly, very reasonably priced at $28XX when compared to the other products in it's league.

One thing that doesn't add up (to me, anyway) if these are indeed rebranded Premiers/Optronikas, is the price differential between them and the TT models. Seems lit would be difficult to get many folks to spend the extra $1600 for the improved turrets and cooler toolless zero system of the TT over the Optronika.

Last edited:
These are absolutely the Premier scopes, just with a minor facelift. What I heard out of IWA is that Blaser bought Optronika and Minox with the intent to develop a tactical line of scopes for the Blaser tactical rifles. Blaser is big in Europe and they are focusing on that market. However I am sure plenty of them will make it over here.

I run minox binos, fantastic glass as always

Scopes running schott glass like binos?

German optics are the standard all others are measured by

Anyone have a non biased, no BS evaluation of the glass quality? Where would you put the glass, at SS or Vortex, Leupold, Ziess, Lieca, Steiner? Aberration, contrast?

Thanks

About 5 years ago I got one of the Minox 5-30 scopes with Schott glass. Was pretty excited as the price was pretty good. I was abit disappointed with the glass quality. It did not give a clear focus across the image. Parts were in and out of focus, not horrible but frustrating. I sent it back to Minox and they played with it but never did get perfect. I sold it and bought another Sightron Siii.

Hopefully these are a redesign and improved. Like to see through one of the new ones.

If it has glass on par with Premier scopes, and it tracks well, and has a good warranty/service setup, I'd be interested in a MSR version of the 5-25.

With the economy not improving, I've been having a difficult time justifying yet another $3500+ scope.

Having optics from Schott Glassworks does not categorically mean the optics are going to be stellar. All optics, regardless of source, are manufactured to a specification and price point. Schott Glassworks has the "capability" of turning out top shelf optics, but doesn't mean that all optics from Schott are of the same specification.

If the new Minox Tactical scope is a rebranding of the Premier Reticle/Optronika unit and they don't change the specifications, to suit their price point, then it should be the Optronika scope reborn. If Minox has adjusted the specification, then only time will tell.....

The 1-8x is the one that interests me the most. With Optronika now being part of Minox as GSO, could it be the Premier 1-8x that never came to light? Sure sounds like it with the SFP red dot that activates below 2x.

If the glass is as good as Premier was and these scopes hold up I'd be in for trying one in the next 2 years.

Here's the link that I got the red dot info from:
Minox ZP Series - Trade Shows 2014 - IWA 2014 - all4shooters.com

Last edited:
The 1-8x is the one that interests me the most. With Optronika now being part of Minox as GSO, could it be the Premier 1-8x that never came to light? Sure sounds like it with the SFP red dot that activates below 2x.

If the glass is as good as Premier was and these scopes hold up I'd be in for trying one in the next 2 years.

Here's the link that I got the red dot info from:
Minox ZP Series - Trade Shows 2014 - IWA 2014 - all4shooters.com

I always wanted the Premier 1-8 and was bummed that it never made became a reality.... I really hope this is it. :D

I always wanted the Premier 1-8 and was bummed that it never made became a reality.... I really hope this is it. :D

I don't know about glass, but after spending the last 30 minutes looking at videos from SHOT 2012 and pics that were out there from that time, and comparing with the Minox pics from this last week there isn't a doubt in my mind that it is what you and I hope, that these are the same scopes and the 1-8x24 is back to life. Pretty kickass, I was also bummed when Premier canned it.

These are absolutely the Premier scopes, just with a minor facelift. What I heard out of IWA is that Blaser bought Optronika and Minox with the intent to develop a tactical line of scopes for the Blaser tactical rifles. Blaser is big in Europe and they are focusing on that market. However I am sure plenty of them will make it over here.

That is interesting. Did you hear any specifics about what Blaser is thinking about doing with their tactical line?

TTR

I emailed Greg Clark at Minox USA about the 3-15 & 5-25 ZP Tac. He said they will have them by "fall" so I imagine first of the year is when customers will start seeing them. MSRP of both is $3499.00.

You can have the highest quality optical glass in whatever instrument, but if the lenses aren't ground to micron tolerances and the coatings aren't applied in proper thickness and sequence you might as well have a $35 Tasco

The 1-8 looks nice, a shame though it doesn't have a daylight visible illuminated reticle.

Looking at the design it's quite indicative of Optronica especially the ocular area and diopter adjustment ring. Looks almost identical to the Premier diopter ring.

Well word has it, these were built by Optronika... and rumor has it that they are updated Premiers... I hope it's true.

Finally, Premier glass with an MSR reticle!

I do like the eye relief on the lower end scopes.