• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Minox LR 5-25 initial impressions.

Helislacker

Private
Minuteman
Dec 4, 2018
Hi guys,

I ordered the Minox LR and received yesterday. I know a lot of guys have been wondering how it compares to the ZP5 given it’s over $1000 cheaper. Although I do not have a ZP5 for direct comparison, it feels, looks, and functions identically based off the limited exposure I do have with the ZP5. This has been supported by folks I’ve talked to who do have the ZP5 and ordered the new LR as well. Turret feel, glass quality, and overall build quality are pretty much identical all while still being made in Germany. Based on these factors, I do not understand how they managed to bring the cost down to this price point. This appears to be a step up from the Razor Gen 2, NX8, and Mark 5 but directly competes with them for price. If the glass quality in low light and tracking is what I imagine it will be, we have a new king in this price range. If this scope ends up being as mechanically reliable as the Razor or NF varieties, then this will likely become the new standard recommendation. The only downside to the optic is the new reticle, when you zoom in to higher magnifications the small disjointed crosshairs around the center dot seem fuzzy and not as defined as they should be. This could be due to the illumination feature, but it’s difficult to tell.
Either way, I’m going to take it out for more testing today and will keep you all updated. I’ll also post pictures later.

Attachments

• 03D5F259-9DC8-48A4-B2BC-562F4D9B66DC.jpeg
    03D5F259-9DC8-48A4-B2BC-562F4D9B66DC.jpeg
    424.8 KB · Views: 194
  • AD7DA50C-2D37-443F-A732-B6F151248DDF.jpeg
    AD7DA50C-2D37-443F-A732-B6F151248DDF.jpeg
    474.5 KB · Views: 196
  • 50C973E6-DA7A-40F0-A3D1-1A3B450A7CBE.jpeg
    50C973E6-DA7A-40F0-A3D1-1A3B450A7CBE.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 205
  • E39D7026-2DBA-4F29-B7E2-9FBD911A143C.jpeg
    E39D7026-2DBA-4F29-B7E2-9FBD911A143C.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 222
Anymore updates? thanks.
Not particularly. I had to send the scope back due to having some blemishes on the reticle lens. I haven’t received the new scope yet but Minox made it clear that this is very uncommon and their QC team was held to account for this as well. Says a lot about the company because they reached out to me and took care of things quickly alongside GBT up here in Canada. It seemed like this was a very big deal for them and they didn’t take the issue lightly - which says a lot about the company. I went from feeling concerned and disappointed about buying a Minox after the initial frustrating experience to now realizing that I was just very unlucky with the initial scope. That said, we’ll see how the replacement scope fairs. If it’s a dud or blemished then I’ll ask for a refund.

Thanks for the thoughts! Will be interested to hear how you get on with it in the future.

Out of interest, is that sitting in a SP4601?

Not particularly. I had to send the scope back due to having some blemishes on the reticle lens. I haven’t received the new scope yet but Minox made it clear that this is very uncommon and their QC team was held to account for this as well. Says a lot about the company because they reached out to me and took care of things quickly alongside GBT up here in Canada. It seemed like this was a very big deal for them and they didn’t take the issue lightly - which says a lot about the company. I went from feeling concerned and disappointed about buying a Minox after the initial frustrating experience to now realizing that I was just very unlucky with the initial scope. That said, we’ll see how the replacement scope fairs. If it’s a dud or blemished then I’ll ask for a refund.

Good on them.

I've fired guys for sloppy work (electrician). It's amazing how much repeat business we get because the customers are told straight up "that's not our quality, we'll fix it free, and the last guy is getting his as chewed". We uphold our quality and never question our warranty and can't keep up with the business thrown our way.

I really want to like that scope knowing what their camera side is capable of.

I sold mine so won’t be giving any more updates. Going to go with a new ATACR 4-20. I want something very reliable that doesn’t have a reputation for requiring use of the warranty. Unfortunately I’m not sure Minox fits that bill, though I could be wrong.