• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Minox mr5

jarredsc

Jarred s
Minuteman
Jul 2, 2018
Texas
Hello I am deciding on a Minox zp5 just don’t know if I should get the mr5 or mr4 if there is anyone that has pics of the mr5 at different mag ranges will help a lot

What's your intended purpose of the scope/rifle system? Picking a reticle is a lot dependent on what you plan on doing with the rifle. For PRS/shooting steel/even just plinking I will always recommend a basic tree style reticle. So, MR4 gets my choice 9 times out of 10. The open center dot is very nice as well. Now that I've shot with open center dot reticles I can't go back to a crosshair style reticle. The MR4 in my ZP5 is amazing. Nice and crisp, not too large but not too small. One of my favorite tree-style reticles to-date. The Vortex EBR7C and Kahles skmr3 are also some of my favorites.

What's your intended purpose of the scope/rifle system? Picking a reticle is a lot dependent on what you plan on doing with the rifle. For PRS/shooting steel/even just plinking I will always recommend a basic tree style reticle. So, MR4 gets my choice 9 times out of 10. The open center dot is very nice as well. Now that I've shot with open center dot reticles I can't go back to a crosshair style reticle. The MR4 in my ZP5 is amazing. Nice and crisp, not too large but not too small. One of my favorite tree-style reticles to-date. The Vortex EBR7C and Kahles skmr3 are also some of my favorites.

I had a Kahles k525i with skmr3 which I used for prs was perfect but I am now going to start more long range hunting and precision shooting I kinda like the skmr 3 but I do like a cross In the middle more like the mil r or msr

I prefer the mr5 for hunting hands down. Much easier to pick up the rericle. The mr2 is still my favorite for the 3-15 on hunting rigs even over the mr5 and shorter barrel 308s when your shooting at lower mag. The Mr4 on the 5-25 for me is too thin. Unless your stretching it out out west and need that tiny dot.

If your holding elevation the obvious choice is the MR4 as your most likely going to be holding wind too. If your hunting from 25-1000 I prefer the mr2 and mr5 reticles. As I think the MR4 is personally too small for lower mag hunting. On the range punching paper and steel. Mr4 gets the nod.

Last edited:
Here is the one pic I have on my phone right now.

Screenshot_20200501-132029_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200501-131938_Gallery.jpg

I have one of the non tree reticles they offer. I'll check which one and post up if it's the one you're curious about.

Here is the MR2 if you can find one used it may be a decent option. 3x and 15x. They did make it in the 5-25 for a short time also.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181129-144521.png
    Screenshot_20181129-144521.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot_20181129-144929.png
    Screenshot_20181129-144929.png
    2 MB · Views: 59
So it turns out I do have the MR5. Do you just want pics of the reticle looking at game or brush? Or do you want pics of reticle @ specific mag?

ETA:

20191223_075649.jpg
20191224_084638.jpg

These are random pics I have on my phone. I have no idea what mag they were taken at. I have the 3-15 model and would prefer .2 hash marks.

ETA more:

I wish they could make a hybrid reticle between the MR2 and the MR5. So to the MR5 I would add the following:

.2 hashes like the MR2

only the very center portion to illuminate but without having to float the illuminated portion

That would be a great reticle for me that I hunt with it too.

Last edited:
Just to mention I am looking for the 5-25 version and I think the ret looks a bit different to the 3-15 but any phots will be much appreciated also mr4 photos as well and if Somone was going to the range that owns a Minox if they could pls take photos would be highly appreciated

My photos was taken through a 3-15. I own a 5-25 with the mr4, but use it strictly for target/prs type stuff.