• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Minox Scope

Tikkad

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2010
Abilene texas
Sorry for being that guy who posts these cookie cutter what do ya'll think threads but it looks like that's what I am going to have to do.

A buddy of mine bought a Minox 4x20x50 last year and never ended up using it, and now wants to sell it to me. Its a great deal im just not very familiar with this line of scopes. I'm not by any means expecting a phenomenal scope but i would be interested to hear some reviews. Both mechanical and optics. Also some comparisons would be great. I would probably end up putting it on a just a Rem SPS 308 Tactical.

thanks again.

Re: Minox Scope

I have a 2-10X40. The glass is great. The adjustments are mushy but seem to track true and the scope holds zero for me. I think they make decent hunting scopes but I would not want to dial a lot with how mushy the turrets are.

I had a 3-9x50 ZA3 on my .308 and something inside it came loose and was rattling around. I took it back to the shop where I bought it and they replaced it. The replacement did OK but like the others said, good glass, marginal mechanical adjustments. I ended up trading mine in to SWFA for a USO.

Thanks I appreciate the insight. I am not all that worried about the Turrets im sure they wont get to much use. This gun is for my dad who has asked me to teach him to teach him a few things and get comfortable shooting at long ranges. In hindsight i know he will always just go back to his old school ways of holding over the back (He wont use mills) when im not around. So I am mostly concerned on the quality of the glass.

The minox BDC reticle actually worked pretty well for me. Not sure if they offer it in the scope you're looking at but if so it's probably worth it if he is panning to holdover.