• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Minox spotter love?

Texaslongshot

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2018
Just curious Minox is new on the radar for me. The scope review by many here have been outstanding. Is there any love for the spotter with the reticle?

I looked through a spotter at a match in Utah. I kept going back and forth between that and my buddies razor hd. The minox was so much brighter I couldn’t believe it. Was like it had a spotlight attached to it.

I’m in the same boat. Quite a few guys I shoot with have the swaro, I end up spending a lot of time on those. Spent a day with the Minox at a class this past summer, comparing the two, the swaro wins but not by as much as one would think. I like the reticle, simple and clean. I think the minox beats the mark 4 by quite a bit.

I’m in the same boat. Quite a few guys I shoot with have the swaro, I end up spending a lot of time on those. Spent a day with the Minox at a class this past summer, comparing the two, the swaro wins but not by as much as one would think. I like the reticle, simple and clean. I think the minox beats the mark 4 by quite a bit.

Which model of the Minox have you tried? md60zr or md80zr?

The minox was so much brighter I couldn’t believe it. Was like it had a spotlight attached to it.

Funny you use those words. I had a Minox ZP5 and thought I found the glass good, a hair better than the better names during the bright daylight matches.. But we played with @Lonestar1027 Minox ZP5 at night (yes, in the dark with lights on the range) an he used almost exactly the same words. Below is a partial post regarding what we saw.

"Lonestar comes out show us something, it might have been his CKYE bipod. I am not sure.. But the darn guy puts his centerfire on the line and looks thru his Minox then says "Man, It looks like someone just fired up a spotlight". LOL, I look thru it and suddenly realize my Vortex is dark as, well the night. I walk back to my car and grab my centerfire with the Kahels 525, yep, it is noticeably better than my Vortex; but the Minox now blows both my scopes away. More guys grab their centerfires... That damn Minox was in a class by itself.. Now everyone but Lonestar, was a bit less happy with their gear...
It really did look like someone was running extra lamps on the range. I'm eating my words, the glass is in another class."
If the spotter is anything like the sister scope it must be amazing.

Reactions: Archangel01
After looking through that spotting scope I upgraded my razor to a Minox Zp5

I believe it was the md80zr. I’m torn between saving some coin with this spotter or saving longer for the swaro. For similar money, the minox beats the mk 4 through my eyes.

I have Minox MD 80 ZR, the only bad thing is that with a lot of light it's too bright, I'd be curious to try the MD 60 ZR model to see if it's a little less bright.... I compared mine with Leupold MK4 12-40x and Swarovski str80, Swaro has a little better resolution than Mk4 and Minox, while between Leupold and Minox seem to be very similar. I live in Italy and the MD80ZR costs $1450 while Leupold MK4 costs $2600, so I chose Minox....