• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Minox ZP5 5-25 sunshade

Flyingbullseye

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 24, 2010
    Michigan
    Looking for a sunshade for my Minox 5-25. Anyone know if Minox objective threads are compatible with any other manufacturers? I'm thinking TT both being from the same parent design but I have no idea if they are compatible with anyone.

Steiner works perfect on mine, the shadeinf is close, but I wrap my scopes so it's not a big deal for me.

I am using a Kahles sunshade on mine, allthough the black tone does not match 100% if thats important to you.

Great question and good answers, thanks (even though I wasn't the OP).

Thanks guys. I'm starting to think most of the German/Austrian optics are using the same threads.

Any updates on this?

Are there any other aftermarket sunshades for the ZP5 that is easily available?

Or are the Steiner and Khales the main contenders?

I see Swaro have a 56 mm cover too - the Khales is about $65, Swaro is $70, and Steiner is $110. It looks a little beefier; perhaps that's the reason for the price difference ...

Last edited: