• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Minox zp5 vs zero compromise vs Schmidt and bender

jarredsc

Jarred s
Minuteman
Jul 2, 2018
Texas
a battle between the 3 has anyone compared any of these scopes side by side and how do they rank

Well, Frank has lots of Schmidts, and is loving his zco’s. No idea if he’s played with the zp5

Ok but if price and reticles wasn’t in the equation and you were just comparing features and glass which would be the best between them

Ok but if price and reticles wasn’t in the equation and you were just comparing features and glass which would be the best between them
Not really how it works...
Generally you can get really good glass above 1500
Then you arw paying for features and ever slightly improving glass.

The reticle is how you interact with the target.
Controls are what you manipulate
Glass is just the means to see it.

Decision matrix
Application
Features
Price
Preference

Reactions: BoldCorrections

Probably TT, but I've never used one. I prefer the controls and glass on the Minox over Schmidt.

You really need to consider the reticle though. That's why I have a Minox and not a Schmidt. The reticles are certainly personal preference.

Maybe someone should start a thread that contains videos of people spinning the knobs on their scopes.

You asked which one and asked how they rank. Glass is the same, tracking is the same, that leaves price and reticle to me. Since I bought 3 scopes and their spotting scope for 1700 for the scope and 1300 for the spotter, the price was no comparison. So that leaves reticle, This is my personal opinion, in order is how a view scopes, will it track perfect, what reticle does it have, how nice is the glass. So the reticle is huge for me. I find it amazingly easy to use. The only thing I did not like about the Minox series scopes was the length.

You asked which one and asked how they rank. Glass is the same, tracking is the same, that leaves price and reticle to me. Since I bought 3 scopes and their spotting scope for 1700 for the scope and 1300 for the spotter, the price was no comparison. So that leaves reticle, This is my personal opinion, in order is how a view scopes, will it track perfect, what reticle does it have, how nice is the glass. So the reticle is huge for me. I find it amazingly easy to use. The only thing I did not like about the Minox series scopes was the length.

The Minox is long but is it any longer than a schmidt? It doesn't bother me much, however shorter is nice. My M7Xi with a sunshade is the same length as my Minox without a sunshade.

I have two ZP5s and a ZCO 527. IMO glass is definitely not the same. While the ZP5 is very good the ZCO has an edge. ZCO has 25yd parallax vs the 50m parallax on the ZP5. I haven't spent as much time with my ZCO as my ZP5s but I think I like the ZCO turrets better. IMO everything else is a wash.

I have two ZP5s and a ZCO 527. IMO glass is definitely not the same. While the ZP5 is very good the ZCO has an edge. ZCO has 25yd parallax vs the 50m parallax on the ZP5. I haven't spent as much time with my ZCO as my ZP5s but I think I like the ZCO turrets better. IMO everything else is a wash.

What does the OD of your ZCO turrets (where the numbers are) measure? I'm trying to get an idea of click spacing.

So the zero compromise has better glass than the Minox and schmidt coming in at 3rd

In what way does the zero compromise out perform the Minox in glass does it refine more detail or does it give more pop when looking through it