• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Minox zp5

Tikkaguy

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 16, 2020
Anyone know what’s going on with minox ? Can’t seem to find any of their scopes in stock, seem to be a backorder only thing. Are they going out of business ? Anyone buy one recently for order times? I have a pmii 3-20 that I really like. And I kinda wanted a 5-25 of that design but I don’t want the tunneling of the pmii. And I can’t afford a tangent. I’ve bought most of pricy optics used. I got a good deal on a Zeiss s5 3-18 but I haven’t been that crazy about it. I get a lot of eye strain behind it. I’m guess because it’s a shorter design. I’m not sure my eyes don’t love it. Was going to sell that and get something else. I hear good things about the zp5 and the old premier heritage. But Id like a warrentee if something breaks. The premier wouldn’t have that. The minox I think is only transferable to the second owner I believe. Not sure

Last edited:
Reactions: jh2785
You could call eurooptic or Minox and find out.

I've equally enjoyed my ZP5. If you get one, you won't be disappointed. I saw one go up on the PX. I think it was going for $2300.

I talked to euro Seems blaser USA has stopped making all the minox scopes and only making the blaser scopes.

• Wow
I would assume blaser would have to honor the repair services

Minox make a good scope/the glass is nice. But Blaser (?) really screwed the pooch (their existing Minox customers) on the Mauser rifle/Minox scope promotion. I got out of Minox and into ZCO & TT. Never looked back.

Without naming names, I see that another long time Minox distributor on the left coast no longer lists them on their "manufacturers page". Not surprised........Not like a person couldn't see that one coming.

I suppose I'd like to know the back story. But......I just don't care enough to put any effort into it. Too many other good options out there to choose from.

Last edited:
I would assume blaser would have to honor the repair services

When they were more prevalent in the states, the warranty process/ experience drove off a number of people from the brand. Having gone through it a couple times with Minox when they were producing the scopes, I sure as shit wouldn’t want to do it now when they’re not.

As far as I know Minox is still around, but Blaser has limited their market here in the USA (the opposite of what was intended... or maybe not?). Minox has military contracts to fulfill in Europe and seems to be focused on markets outside the USA. They are excellent scopes when you get a good one, but as Bandit mentions above, their warranty process has hindered further growth within the US market and I think in the end Blaser decided they just didn't want to deal with it. Minox ZP5 is more mil/le and competition oriented whereas Blaser is more hunting oriented, since Blaser bought Minox I've been hoping for a Blaser/Minox child to be born of the excellent (but extremely limited) Blaser Infinity line of scopes, but Blaser (like many European manufacturers) is very scared of making anything for a civilian that could actually benefit long range shooting/hunting (exposed turrets that offer elevation beyond 25 mils let alone the Infinity limit of 8 mils and a hash mark reticle), Blaser seems to think these things make their scopes "assault" scopes which are taboo in the European market, it's stupid as all heck but with much of Europe caught up in extreme wokeism I don't see this changing anytime soon. The fact that Leica (PRS) and now Zeiss entered the market with the S5 and now S3 line was surprising to me, maybe this will wake up Blaser and Swarovski to realize there is an market here in the states.

why not skip the minox since its a PITA to get and go ZCO?
Just out of my budget a little bit and Im not real keen on the looks of them. Looks like something out of starwars haha. Just my opinion. I know a lot of guys like them

Reactions: LR1845
I’ll Probly end up just buying a used zp5 that hopefully someone has tested for tracking. B&h photo had some thlr reticle ones for backorder for like 2700. But if they won’t be filling them I guess I won’t try. Or I may just buy a used pmii and deal with the tunneling.

Just out of my budget a little bit and Im not real keen on the looks of them. Looks like something out of starwars haha. Just my opinion. I know a lot of guys like them

Who doesn't like Star Wars? ;)

Darth ZCO.jpg

IMG-3357.JPG

I’ll Probly end up just buying a used zp5 that hopefully someone has tested for tracking. B&h photo had some thlr reticle ones for backorder for like 2700. But if they won’t be filling them I guess I won’t try. Or I may just buy a used pmii and deal with the tunneling.
You ought to be able to find a cherry used ZP5 for $2,200.00 'ish.

If you can find a used ZCO 5-27 in the range of $3,500.00, you'd be money ahead. As far as the "looks" ? pffftttt........Get behind one and then tell us about the "looks" :rolleyes: ;):)

I talked to euro Seems blaser USA has stopped making all the minox scopes and only making the blaser scopes.
Someone at Euro fed you a line of BS. Minox is still being manufactured, they're are still owned by Blaser, and are still being imported by Blaser USA.

Unfortunately there is little to no marketing effort in the US for Minox. Not a ton of dealers super eager to invest in too much Minox inventory as a result. Call Blaser USA tomorrow and see if they can direct you to a stocking dealer OR pick up on of the used ZP5s on the exchange here.

Reactions: Tikkaguy
Someone at Euro fed you a line of BS. Minox is still being manufactured, they're are still owned by Blaser, and are still being imported by Blaser USA.

Unfortunately there is little to no marketing effort in the US for Minox. Not a ton of dealers super eager to invest in too much Minox inventory as a result. Call Blaser USA tomorrow and see if they can direct you to a stocking dealer OR pick up on of the used ZP5s on the exchange here.
I just picked up a used one

Well done!

I just bought TWO ZP5s with the THLR reticle, as my local distributor was changing, so I picked them up on close-out for the equivalent of about $1400 US each. :cool:
Who do I have to blow to get that deal ? Lol

... Blaser seems to think these things make their scopes "assault" scopes which are taboo in the European market ...
That's interesting, seeing as the THLR Hybrid reticle started life as very much something that could be used in military contexts. Indeed, some of the first videos demonstrating the reticle involved human targets, but were soon pulled ...

Who do I have to blow to get that deal ? Lol
Not me, unfortunately - at that price, I wouldn't on-sell them for what I paid for them for free BJs for the rest of my life. I think.

But, yes, I got the last two. Had there been another, I would have grabbed it also.

The $2759 from B&H is the best online price I've seen.

And to your original question, when I spoke with a retailer in about March 2022, they checked with Europe, and were told the ZP5s were still in production, and could be landed in just a few weeks.

Sooo ... order away folks. Euro Optic for the community support; B&H for the price. Or get Euro to do that price match thing and have the best of both worlds ...

@Tikkaguy: Have you seen the field evaluation threads on the ZP5 over on Rokslide?:

Testing results should be relevant to any of the ZP5 5-25s (with the limitations of it being a sample of one; but this can mean more than people think it does), but those threads are something of a goldmine of information about the THLR reticle specifically.

@Tikkaguy: Have you seen the field evaluation threads on the ZP5 over on Rokslide?:

Testing results should be relevant to any of the ZP5 5-25s (with the limitations of it being a sample of one; but this can mean more than people think it does), but those threads are something of a goldmine of information about the THLR reticle specifically.
Yes I have read them, some good info

That's interesting, seeing as the THLR Hybrid reticle started life as very much something that could be used in military contexts. Indeed, some of the first videos demonstrating the reticle involved human targets, but were soon pulled ...
Minox does not have an issue with it, Blaser does

Reactions: Dobermann
I emailed Blaser and asked if the ZP5s were still being manufactured and distributed to the USA, as well as who to send the scope for repairs. This was Blasers response:

We still produce and sell the ZP5 rifle scopes. If you have a problem with the rifle scope please get in contact with us directly.

Blaser USA Inc. will forward the device to Minox service center in Wetzlar for repair.

Best regards

Service

Looks like the guy at euro gave you some fake news. I also asked if he knew when new ZP5s were being shipped to the US. Ill post here if he gets back to me.

I emailed Blaser and asked if the ZP5s were still being manufactured and distributed to the USA, as well as who to send the scope for repairs. This was Blasers response:

We still produce and sell the ZP5 rifle scopes. If you have a problem with the rifle scope please get in contact with us directly.

Blaser USA Inc. will forward the device to Minox service center in Wetzlar for repair.

Best regards

Service

Looks like the guy at euro gave you some fake news. I also asked if he knew when new ZP5s were being shipped to the US. Ill post here if he gets back to me.
That’s good to hear
I’m really hoping that it’s better optically to my 3-20x50 pmii non ultra short

Last edited:
ZP5 is a fantastic scope. MR4 reticle is great, glass is absolutely incredible. My only complaint was the turrets, I had the white box version with updated turrets. The clicks were solid, crisp, and audible. My issue was the turret cap would always slip a little bit as I was using it, so the arrow and the line for elevation would be off, it would be like in between two different 0.1 mil markings and made it difficult to know exactly where you were..

ZP5 is a fantastic scope. MR4 reticle is great, glass is absolutely incredible. My only complaint was the turrets, I had the white box version with updated turrets. The clicks were solid, crisp, and audible. My issue was the turret cap would always slip a little bit as I was using it, so the arrow and the line for elevation would be off, it would be like in between two different 0.1 mil markings and made it difficult to know exactly where you were..
My complaint as well, turret marking alignment. Seemed when perfect at 0, it was in between when dialed up above 1 mil, however it tracks. I now just dial up 2.0 mil from my zero and set the turret to perfectly 2.0 and deal with slight misaligned turret below 1 mil. I shoot less frequently there and elevation is more forgiving at those closer distances.

My complaint as well, turret marking alignment. Seemed when perfect at 0, it was in between when dialed up above 1 mil, however it tracks. I now just dial up 2.0 mil from my zero and set the turret to perfectly 2.0 and deal with slight misaligned turret below 1 mil. I shoot less frequently there and elevation is more forgiving at those closer distances.
Call Blaser USA and see if they will swap your cap. I had this issue on one of mine and they sent me a different cap.

I figured it was the cap- I counted every "click" for an entire revolution, and came up with the correct number, but in the 3.5-8.5 mil range the lines didn't line up and it could be difficult to tell which tenth you were on.

Fwiw, I recently had the same issue on a Vortex (who also sent me a replacement cap with a phone call).

Reactions: Jeff Gahler
Well scope showed up yesterday so I don’t have very much time behind. But first impressions are very good. I think the only bad thing I can say about it is it’s a Hubble telescope in length haha. But optically it’s very impressive. Seems to out class the Zeiss s5 pretty easy and little better than my pmii, the image seems to “pop” kind of like my delta binos that I have. It’s pretty impressive. The mr4 reticle is nice and I hate tree reticles so that’s saying something. The depth of field and clarity are the best I’ve seen so far. I’m kind of curious about the 3-15. As I’ve always been a crossover scope kind of guy. But I wanted to Kind of try a full size scope out again as I really like that big image and eye box most of these give you like my old m7xi 4-28. The 5x min isn’t great for hunting and such that I do. But I guess I’ll see. I’ve played with a lot of scopes over the years and these one doesn’t disappoint even tho it could be a few inches shorter but hey it works well for the design forgiveness. I’ll try to sight it in later today if I get a chance.
20367534-6A45-46A5-9393-8EE71615E6C4.jpeg
3E68A346-3E7E-4637-B7D2-2BDD0B9C30AA.jpeg

Well scope showed up yesterday so I don’t have very much time behind. But first impressions are very good. I think the only bad thing I can say about it is it’s a Hubble telescope in length haha. But optically it’s very impressive. Seems to out class the Zeiss s5 pretty easy and little better than my pmii, the image seems to “pop” kind of like my delta binos that I have. It’s pretty impressive. The mr4 reticle is nice and I hate tree reticles so that’s saying something. The depth of field and clarity are the best I’ve seen so far. I’m kind of curious about the 3-15. As I’ve always been a crossover scope kind of guy. But I wanted to Kind of try a full size scope out again as I really like that big image and eye box most of these give you like my old m7xi 4-28. The 5x min isn’t great for hunting and such that I do. But I guess I’ll see. I’ve played with a lot of scopes over the years and these one doesn’t disappoint even tho it could be a few inches shorter but hey it works well for the design forgiveness. I’ll try to sight it in later today if I get a chance.
View attachment 8040709View attachment 8040710
Nice. Minox has the best reticle selection in my opinion. The tangent theta gen 3xr fine reticle is similar to the mr4, but the TT reticles main lines are too thin at .025 mils.

Got out and shot for a while. The glass is great. Better than the other 2 I have on hand easy. Very pleased overall. Ret is nice and fine. Illumination dial is a little funky but other than that it’s amazing. Almost makes me think about getting rid of the 3-20 pmii and finding a used 3-15 minox
09F3C776-6C4F-415F-8E7D-10E83871312F.jpeg

The zp5 is superior optically and competes well with theta and zco. However the exterior tangible don't stack up. Put ZP5 glass in a Kahles K525 dlr body and you'd have an optic that'd be hard to ignore.

Minus the length I really like the controls on it. The turrets on this sample are awesome

Minus the length I really like the controls on it. The turrets on this sample are awesome
The turrets aren't bad at all, its a very long tube, prob why DOF is so good. My complaint on turrets(my scope anyway) once it's set perfectly to line up at 0mils, once you get dialed up a ways, the turret markings are now halfway between the indication line below the turret. Not sure what you're dialed at then. Granted a tenth shouldn't cause a miss at distance.

The turrets aren't bad at all, its a very long tube, prob why DOF is so good. My complaint on turrets(my scope anyway) once it's set perfectly to line up at 0mils, once you get dialed up a ways, the turret markings are now halfway between the indication line below the turret. Not sure what you're dialed at then. Granted a tenth shouldn't cause a miss at distance.
Someone else said that they explained the issue to the repair center and they sent them a fixed turret cap and it fixs the issue

Reactions: Jeff Gahler
Mine are good to go. I thought something was wrong once, but it turns out one of the cap set screws wasn't fully tightened and was allowing the cap to slip.

My turrets feel and sound are also excellent.

Got out and shot for a while. The glass is great. Better than the other 2 I have on hand easy. Very pleased overall. Ret is nice and fine. Illumination dial is a little funky but other than that it’s amazing. Almost makes me think about getting rid of the 3-20 pmii and finding a used 3-15 minox
View attachment 8040989
Nice, thanks for posting. How does the ZP5 compare with the M7xi you had?

Nice, thanks for posting. How does the ZP5 compare with the M7xi you had?
The m7xi was a good scope for sure, I think up to like 12-16 power it’s just as good as the zp5 and better than the pmii. After that it falls apart pretty fast compared to the other 2. I should have given the m7 a little more credit at the time. Build quality on the m7 was great two. Was my replacement scope after the first sample was pretty bad in terms of ca

I wish Minox would make a 30mm version of the ZP5 3-15x50 like Tangent Theta does with the TT315M and TT315H. I emailed Minox and they replied that there's nothing in the plans for that. Bummer. They do have a 3-15x56 SFP hunter scope I may look at.