• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Mirage Band

SATangoDown

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2011
Does anyone have a listing of vendors which produce and sell mirage band kits? Either adjustable or standard length. By kit I mean either back up sights with mounts for band or other various mount clamps. I am looking for vendors domestic to United States. Finding some vendors in UK, EU and AU but would prefer to stay local. If not I will try to develop something fairly adjustable and solid. My black gun gets pretty hot any where over 88 degrees ambient, especially in the sun and at 24x it starts to get difficult to keep a clear line of sight. I would be open to heat shields as long as lightweight and simple. Thanks in advance.

Re: Mirage Band

Try Champions Choice for a fabric type

http://www.champchoice.com/SearchResult.aspx?KeyWords=mirage%20bands

Sinclair has the type benchrest uses, similarly I just use self stick velcro fasteners and stick a lightweight metal or plastic venetian blind slat to the my barrel. Does a good job of diverting barrel-heat induced mirage, but won't stay in place if you're on the move with it.

As far as a KIT goes, you may have to have your local gun guru add a couple of attachment points for the fabric type if going with stick-on velcro does not float your boat.

Paul