• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft mirage camo

Ghillie Zen

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2009
The Black Lodge
Has anyone seen this pattern or have any experience with it in the field? Looks similar to a digitized camo used by the Italians. It is called "Mirage" camo and is produced by Bulldog Equipment.

mirage_3.jpg

Re: mirage camo

Got any info on a supplier?
The Bulldog Eqpt. that I come up with in a search is Mil. supply only.

I haven't seen anyone that carry's this.
Look's like it might be good in my area ...desert southwest.

wes in AZ

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mo_Zam_Beek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hard to tell from the pic but it looks like it may have a sheen to it. Does it? </div></div>

There does seem to be a slight sheen to it in the pic. I've noticed that same effect in pics of multicam nyco ripstop under artificial lighting. Shouldn't be an issue in the field, but I'd have to see it outdoors to be sure.

Yeah, it does look like it.
Vegetato is the name for the desert verion.
vegitato_trousers.gif

maybe after washing and a bit of fading ?
Vegetata is the woodland verion.

Ya, a bunch of Rangers were testing it, as far as I know a couple of them liked it, especially in Afghanistan, but since I have only seen on guy continuing to wear it, as recently as 2 months ago.

I think most are opting for the Crye Precision Multi-cam though.

Nice find Impact. Pics definately show the pattern as a strong competitor for multicam. Once again, UCP looks like ass in comparison to everything else.

I've worn Mirage Camo, I prefer it over MultiCam. Mirage beats Multi in every enviroment except in greener enviroments. I'd prefer this over the ABU's, ACU's & Multicams. Mirage at the current moment are only avalible to military only.

I have some Mirage that we are using now. I will post some pics of the two versions we have with a detailed description later.

It has some merit in certain terrains.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Impact</div><div class="ubbcode-body">do they sell to LEOs or mil only? </div></div>

As far as I know, purchasing is only available to active Mil and certain Gov agency employees. I'm pretty sure active LEOs would be included as well if they pursued it.

You have to provide proof of your affiliation before they will even send out a sample packet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fiedler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, it does look like it.
Vegetato is the name for the desert verion.
vegitato_trousers.gif

maybe after washing and a bit of fading ?
Vegetata is the woodland verion.
</div></div>

The italian arid environment version name is " vegetata desertica " , the woodland version name is " vegetata " , there is also a brand new and VERY effective pattern called " Vege-cam " , this one is not sold to the civvies or generic military but only to those in the SOF .

PP out

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghillie Zen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone seen this pattern or have any experience with it in the field? Looks similar to a digitized camo used by the Italians. It is called "Mirage" camo and is produced by Bulldog Equipment.

mirage_3.jpg
</div></div>

Saw some pictures of it against a background of rocks and boulders in the Mohave Desert and it performed admirably. I would hazard a guess that it along with the AOR1 and ARID CadPat are the best desert camo choices.

So who is going to be the first to get this painted onto their rifle
smile.gif