• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Mirage covers worth it for 22s?

THE MGD

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2011
S. TEXAS
I’ll be ordering a TAB SAS mirage shield for my 30cal can, but would it be worth it to by a seprate one for my 22 trainer? (to match)
22 Savage FVSR, 4-14x44 scope, with a 22sparrow
10 shot mag strings, bolt action, South Texas summer coming up with temps well into the upper 90s to 100 deg F.

If you think the cover is worth it, which would you recommend??

Last edited:
I would for sure buy one for your 30cal can...it will also be large enough to use on your 22 can to just try it out and see if it makes a difference.

You can secure the larger mirage shield with a couple velcro straps and you'll be good to go. If you think that will look cheesy then you've answered your own question - go ahead and order one for both cans. ;)

I would for sure buy one for your 30cal can...it will also be large enough to use on your 22 can to just try it out and see if it makes a difference.

You can secure the larger mirage shield with a couple velcro straps and you'll be good to go.

Solid Advice. Made the order just now. Also noticed tony's got some product info vids on youtube, very helpful.

I have a ss sparrow and I have never been able to get it hot enough on a bolt action 22lr to make a difference. I only shoot standard velocity (subsonic) ammo though.

I shoot long strings of Wolf Match Target in southern Alabama summers. Never noticed any mirage with my .22 can on my Annie.

On a bolt rifle my Sparrow barely gets warm. Shooting 50 rounds through it on my Buckmark in 30 seconds or so, it gets nice and warm, but not remotely close to the heat generated by just 10 slow fire .308 rounds through my Ti Arbiter.

I would say there is not a chance in hell you would need a mirage cover for a .22 can.

Mine doesn't get hot enough to even notice when I unscrew it. Spend your money on getting it coated in a camo pattern or color to match your rifle. There are always more cool ways to spend your money.