• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Missed delivery to dealer?

methos12

OCD Reloader
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2011
Dallas, TX
I've not heard from my Class 3 FFL in a week and there has been one (of three) attempts made to deliver my can to him. What happens if the third, and last, attempt fails? I assume they'll send it back to the shipper (TBAC) but do they need to do another Form 3 or just attempt shipment again to that same dealer? If I'm forced to change dealers would that mean another Form 3?

I may just be overly-concerned, I do still have two delivery attempts left. I did email him a few weeks ago letting him know the Form 3 would likely clear the end of August so it wouldn't be a surprise and I got a response then, just nothing to the email I sent out last week with the tracking info. I just don't want to waste a day getting my Form 4 paperwork on its way so I can get this can before winter ends down here
frown.gif

Re: Missed delivery to dealer?

They can try sending it to him again, but I'd be more concerned about why the FFL is incommunicado. The Form 3 need only be approved once to get it transferred to your dealer, but if it turns out that he's gone out of business/died/moved to Nigeria, you're going to have to contact ATF to get it straightened out and find a new dealer.

I believe most carriers hold onto missed delivery attempt items for a period of time before shipping back to the sender. Check with the carrier and find out their policy.

Most major shippers (FedEx/UPS) will just hold at the local sort facility if they have a certain number of failed delivery attempts. Then the person who it is being delivered to will have to pick it up from the facility with a gov't issued ID to claim it.

But I would say him not communicating with you for some time now is a bigger concern than the 1st failed delivery attempt. He may be on vacation or something or just flat out busy, you never know. Give him a little bit of time to respond and whatnot.

Patience is all part of the process.

I stayed patient. It was successfully delivered yesterday. Now he just needs to respond to my emails and let me know when would be a good time to start the Form 4 paperwork. He has a full-time job in addition to being a Class 3 so I'm not that worried about the slow response times, but every week that goes by at this stage of the process is one more week I'm waiting for the can. Got plenty of time to wait after sending the gov my money
laugh.gif