• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MISSING RIFLES

Longshot38

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2009
Montgomery, TX
Dear gents I have a sad story. My vehicle was burglarized today and during the theft my drag bag was taken. The drag contained my LOSOK 300 wby, my AR15, and my Tactical operations suppressor. All has been reported to the police and reports have been filed. However I am trying get get some help from my fellow shooters. Be on the look out for these items, especially if you are in the Houston area. Here are some pics (the pic of the Remington is not correct it is now wearing an IOR scope instead of the Leupold):

100_0207.jpg

And I don't have pics of the AR however it is an Aero Precision lower w/Mil Spec collapsible butt stock.

Re: MISSING RIFLES

Damn. Sorry to hear of it. Hopefully they'll be returned. At least the suppressor, after they run afoul of the police.

You filed with the ATF regarding the silencer, right?

Shit! thats some shitty news man! Reallyt sorry to hear that! I hope they catch then and hang them!

That sucks, I know how it feels though. I had a OD framed G19 stole out of my mustang. I remember posting about it on AR15.com a couple years ago and the response I got was that it was my fault for having the pistol in a small case in the rear floorboard (practically hidden by the front seat) of a locked car in daylight. Not for sure how those guys carry their guns back and forth from the range, must have a small safe chained in the vehicle. Hopefully they find the perps and nail em to the wall.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Longshot38</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dear gents I have a sad story. My vehicle was burglarized today and during the theft my drag bag was taken. The drag contained my LOSOK 300 wby, my AR15, and my Tactical operations suppressor. All has been reported to the police and reports have been filed. However I am trying get get some help from my fellow shooters. Be on the look out for these items, especially if you are in the Houston area. Here are some pics (the pic of the Remington is not correct it is now wearing an IOR scope instead of the Leupold):

100_0207.jpg

And I don't have pics of the AR however it is an Aero Precision lower w/Mil Spec collapsible butt stock. </div></div>

Sorry to hear your loss. That really sucks, and the thieves who did this should really be caught and punished. The fact that you had a NFA item stolen and is now on the streets adds to make matters worse. I hope the cops catch the lowlifes who did this and get your hardware back to it's rightful owner!

I know your blood is boiling now, but try to remain calm. Don't give the <span style="text-decoration: line-through">bastards</span> lowlifes the satisfaction of knowing they have your stuff AND pissed you off!

Sorry to hear about the theft. I'll keep an eye out here in SA. There's not TOO many people out here shooting non-factory hardware in bolt guns at the public ranges, and an even shorter list with cans (or at least a threaded set up), so the 300 wby will be relatively easy to spot. Unfortunately, AR's around here are a dime-a-dozen, but I'll contact you if I can get you any info that may be of help. -A

sorry to hear about your loss man ill keep my eyes peeled in this neck of the woods.. Good luck getting everything back

Chris

FU**ING THIEVES. THERE IS NOTHING WORSE THAN A MAN WHO WILL STEAL FROM ANOTHER MAN. ESPECIALLY SOMETHING AS SACRED AS A FIREARM. I hope the idiot who stole this puts his eye right up to the scope on that WBY and <span style="text-decoration: underline">cracks his Fing SKULL</span>. I wish nothing but hate and discontent befall the human scum who has this guys setup.

Ok. If you want us to keep an eye out, can you at least give us a little more description. I have no clue what a LOSOK is; if I were to look on the barrel, what would I see written there. Can I spot the serial number and a company name on the receiver somewhere and where would that be? How about the last 2 or digits of the serial number.

As for the AR-15, brand, description, color and again the last couple of digits in the serial number.

Since King Barack the first says the US supplies all the weapons used in Mexican drug wars, I suspect that may be where these are headed, but one never knows; sometimes they stick around.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sig685</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok. If you want us to keep an eye out, can you at least give us a little more description. I have no clue what a LOSOK is; if I were to look on the barrel, what would I see written there. Can I spot the serial number and a company name on the receiver somewhere and where would that be? How about the last 2 or digits of the serial number.

As for the AR-15, brand, description, color and again the last couple of digits in the serial number.

Since King Barack the first says the US supplies all the weapons used in Mexican drug wars, I suspect that may be where these are headed, but one never knows; sometimes they stick around. </div></div>

Alright some additional details:

LOSOK
Built on a Remington 700 action
Stock is a black Bell and Carlson Tactical
Finish is Black T (minus the end where it was threaded)
Two piece bases
Scope is an IOR 3-18 FFP
Last 4 of serial: 2185

AR
Lower is an Aero Precision
Configuration is M4 w/16 inch chrome lined barrel
All black
No rear sight
Last 4 of serial: 1847

Suppressor:
Produced by Tactical Operations
Caliber 30 caliber
Last 4 of serial ot38

Sounds like an inside job. Think real hard about who knows what you have and the type of people they associate with. Houston is a high crime area, but don't shrug off people you know.

Yep that would really suck.

Yep its in Mexico by now being used by some low life in a drug cartel. hope some LEO is not the victim of your outfit.

Your security in an obvious high crime area certainly does suck.

Those of you who will be looking at the local range for these weapons just crack me up.

Change the title of your thread to STOLEN RIFLES in Texas or something similar and you might get more views which equals more folks looking...... "Missing" sounds like you got drunk and forgot where you put them......

I'll keep my eyes open. Dogbone - either find something helpful to say or STFU.

Generally, when and where were you when it was taken? Had you been to the range that day? What style of vehicle.

I agree that you should think about who knew you had the bag in the vehicle. I'm starting to get a little (more) paranoid about people 'window' shopping when I'm at the range.

Depressing news.... Used to live off of Sherbourne and Tidwell so I know how H-town can be.

I hate to hear your valuables were taken but even more importantly It's good to know neither you or your family were harmed. I know it hurts but these things can and will get replaced.

Keep an eye out at the next couple of gun shows. Theses guys are buying up everything without questions asked. I'll keep an eye out here in Abilene. Sorry for the loss brother. Good luck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jiwilliams</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Generally, when and where were you when it was taken? Had you been to the range that day? What style of vehicle..

</div></div>

My truck was parked in front of the station located in the 1960 and I-45 area. I had not been to the range that day nor had the bag been out of my vehicle. The vehicle in question was my 03 Tundra.

Hit ALL the pawn shops in your AO with pictures and a reward for the shops owner. This HAS worked before........
Sorry for your loss !! WHY didn't you have an alarm ??
Respectfully,
LG

Did this happen in a mall parking lot, parking garage, or grocery lot, ans surely not a residential area right? Im asking just to know how bold the criminals are.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nlrs308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did this happen in a mall parking lot, parking garage, or grocery lot, ans surely not a residential area right? Im asking just to know how bold the criminals are. </div></div>

This happened in front of one of our EMS stations that sits in a residential area.

Lumpy my truck has never had an alarm. I have found that most people ignore car alarms anyway.

I did notice it about 0100 after coming back in from several calls. Appearances are that they were after anything of value. The firearms and my CD player were stolen. I am betting that initally my truck was broken into from the radio and then they found the firearms and took them also.

Thieves would listen for us to go on a call, or make a false call then hit our at the station.

One of the thiefs worked on the other shift........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ltfirehunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thieves would listen for us to go on a call, or make a false call then hit our at the station.

</div></div>

For starters this was one of my OT shift not my regular one. Thus no real time to plan things. The other reason I don't suspect anyone within the company is because there has already been one incident with my firearms that involved employees. That did not end well for anyone involved in it.

It did not end well for our former employee either.

Alot of our stations had alot of problems with things being stolen. Not by people who work there, It was usually just par for the neighborhood.

Hadnt been to the range that day? Then why did you have them in the vehicle?

Its a sad thing to say, but never leave anything in your vehicle that you wouldnt mind losing.

Im sorry to hear about your loss. I'll keep a look out at the range in ATX. Doubt they'll be there, but I'll look around at Tiger Valley when we are there.

Guys, dont leave guns in your vehicle. Ever. For any reason.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shaggyback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hadnt been to the range that day? Then why did you have them in the vehicle?

Its a sad thing to say, but never leave anything in your vehicle that you wouldnt mind losing.

Im sorry to hear about your loss. I'll keep a look out at the range in ATX. Doubt they'll be there, but I'll look around at Tiger Valley when we are there.

Guys, dont leave guns in your vehicle. Ever. For any reason. </div></div>

You don't get it. I live a long way from work and often am gone for days at a time. Thus I always keep firearms in my vehicle just so I can hit the range during my down time. To say that theft of personal property is someones fault just because it was in there vehicle plain stupid. Someone can break into my home just as easily as my truck. So don't try to lay the blame on me just because the items were in my truck. Lets get real here. A low life POS burglarized my truck and committed a felony, the blame is his NOT mine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ltfirehunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Amen... What he said ^^^ </div></div>
+2

Don't get upset.

People will blame you for getting into a auto accident even when the other driver is 100% at fault. As if you shouldn't have been on the road that day.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ltfirehunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thieves would listen for us to go on a call, or make a false call then hit our at the station.

</div></div>

Sons a bitches!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Austan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Standard mentality of police... sadly.</div></div>

Standard mentality of a LOT of people these days. We can't blame the crook now can we?!?!? That would be unfair, and if he happens to be black or mexican... that would be RACISM too!

The people in this country disgust me more and more every day.

I shouldn't have used the word police. It should be replaced with 'alot of people' as several police I know do not think this way. Sadly, some do. I had a rifle stolen out of my car when I lived down in the twin cities. The officer that came to my apartment for the report blamed me for "putting a weapon in the hands of criminals". Kind of soured me. I had 4 incidents with 4 different police officers while living there, none were pleasant. When I moved back to small town Spoooner, it was night and day different. I wonder how much scum an officer has to deal with before his mind gets warped.

To the LEO's: Thank you and please keep doing good, but remember, not everyone you talk to is a criminal.

Austan

Shaggy isn't, not blaming the Scum bag thief. Its called being reasonable. the truth is no matter what it is, a cell phone a purse a firearm or a Ipod ect. anything left in plain view in a vehicle will entice a certain members of the population to take it from u. It doesn't matter if you lock your vehicle or if you don't. If you park under the lights ects. I wouldn't leave anything in a vehicle you aren't willing to part with.

We attend training all of the time. If I'm in a motel I carry everything I don't want to replace in the room with me. When I leave the room I carry back to the auto. Learn from the experience and protect your self and property accordingly.
The thief is responsible, no argument, but sometimes reasonable precautions can change outcomes.
Yes the Firearms could have been stolen from your home as well, but locked in a safe will defeat most smash and grab burglaries.

I just hope that Longshot is able to recover his weapons.

The officers in there districts usually have a good idea who the perps are. They just sometimes have a hard time getting anywhere with it.

Shooter, that is complete bullshit.

Why not just let them steal my vehicle then? To hell with the stuff in it. My vehicle is in "plain sight" all the time. Does that mean its OK for someone to steal it?

We wouldn't have to take "reasonable precautions" if these scumbag assholes were held fully accountable for their actions. I should be able to leave anything I want inside my vehicle and count on John Q public to keep their hands off.

Now you can tell me about how "that isn't the way the world works" and all that shit. Doesn't change the fact that its how it SHOULD work... and USED to work before people like you came along and started blaming victims for criminals crimes.

You completely miss the point, If they want your vehicle they will take it. I dont blame Victims, I am an advocate for victims. I risk my life everyday for people I dont know. I however do understand there are the way things are and the way thing ought to be. Or to put it another way, Wish in one hand and spit in the other. see wich gets full first. I am saying wake up take precautions. Or stack your valuables along side the road with a Sign that says please dont take these. See what works for you.
You know, Jeff Cooper used to teach the Color code conditions, Condition white and orange Ect. These concepts apply to more than just self defense.

Just gonna drop my .02. I am a corrections officer for the state. The sacks of shit I deal with 40+ hours a week all say the same thing. If they want it, the will get it. That being said.

On my wedding night my wife and I had both the cars at the hotel. She used my truck, and I had the sedan. In all her wisdom she parked the truck in a dark corner of the lot and didn't lock the doors or put on the alarm. I had the sedan with all my guns in the trunk. (pre-wedding range trip)The car was parked in a well lit area. My truck got broken into. My XM reciever was stolen, and the retards tried to take my radio, but only broke the trim plate. The reason they picked my truck....easy target. Most theives are considerably lazy. If its unlocked, or they think they can do a smash n grab, then your screwed. Lesson learned, be aware. Now I dont make it easy and my cars are no longer easy targets. But it is still a target. I hate being a victim.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: orkan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We need to concentrate on turning criminals INTO victims.

There will be fewer criminals after a while then.</div></div>

As much as I like that remark, I have to disagree. If we make them a victim, than we are the new breed of criminals. Its a vicious circle. Anytime an inmate asks me for anything that the rules don't say they are entitled to I say no. When he asks why cant I give him a chance, I say "Did you give your victim a chance?" They get pissed, I smile, another happy customer.

I've had a few guns stolen over the years. One when I was in college and someone went into my room during a party and swiped the .357 out of the headboard. I got that one back when someone who bought it for $50.00 thought it was suspicious and brought it to the police.

A few years later someone burlarized my house and swiped four pistols. Three have been returned, (one during a drug search warrant by my old agency). The fourth is still out there missing.

Good luck getting your stuff back.