• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mississippi Patriot Guard Report

former naval person

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 8, 2003
Mississippi
Yesterday, 4/16/2011, Staff SGT Jason Rogers of Brandon, Mississippi, was laid to rest. He was in his sixth deployment to foreign shores, 5 to Iraq and Afghanistan. He was a combat engineer on a IMD patrol, and gave his life to save his friends. For three days there was much outpouring of support for his family. The Mississippi Patriot Guard, a motorcycle support group, mostly of Viet-Nam Vets, rallied around the family and town. On Saturday, more than 500 motors were in attendance. Their primary agenda was to promote family support and to deter any of the groups who have been showing up at military funerals in protest of the war dead, from having any untoward effect on the ceremonies celebrating this patriot's sacrifice. As I have been informed,at least one car bearing protestors from Texas was turned away. I was not there. I am too old for a motorcycle (according to my wife). However, I am informed that there were many Mississippi Rednecks in attendance, and the uniform opinion was, that if you wish to protest at a Patriot's Funeral in Mississippi, you are welcome to do so at a considerable distance. However, it was also advised, from remarks made by some of the attending Rednecks, that if you do so, you should be certain that your OWN funeral arrangements were made back at home before you make the trip. (Your local reporter...I love them!) FNP

Re: Mississippi Patriot Guard Report

One of my buddies got active with a group in North LA. I'm glad to see these guys getting together to keep the grieving family from having to deal with outside distractions on a day they are trying to find peace.

Mississippi rednecks that were protesting. What we they protesting about?

I can't stand the disrespect for a funeral of a fallen warrior. That makes me see red!!!

Only a blinded scum-bag could ever use that forum to protest something.

The rednecks were protecting the family of the fallen from assholes like the westboro church bunch who like to protest at these funerals.
Most of the Rednecks in MS would gladly draw blood in response to disrespect of a fallen soldier or Marine or to our Flag.