• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Missouri - Big Piney - Tactical Marksmanship comp

srv656s

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2005
KC, MO
Got out to shoot yesterday with the guys from the Big Piney Sportsman's club in the Tactical Marksmanship match. They do 2 matches, an F-Class type match where you shoot 5 shots prone @ 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700, and 800 yards. Yesterday was teh first time I tried the Tactical match. It's a similar format, but you shoot at silhouette targets and shot from different improvised rests. At 700 yards, we shot prone weak handed, first time I shot left handed, it was not too bad once I got into position, but it took me a while to figure out which hand went where.

So, if I remember correctly we shot:
100-off 55 gallon steel drum
200-prone, under a low bench (simulates shooting under a car)
300-mailboxes
400-rooftop simulator
500-prone, strong hand
600-under a bench
700-prone, weak hand
800-prone, strong hand

IMG_4451.jpg

IMG_4452.jpg

IMG_4453.jpg

IMG_4454.jpg

IMG_4455.jpg

IMG_4456.jpg

IMG_4457.jpg

IMG_4458.jpg

IMG_4460.jpg

IMG_4461.jpg

Re: Missouri - Big Piney - Tactical Marksmanship comp

For those who didn't come, Sunday was a great day to shoot, very little humidity and mild temperatures. I did pretty good from the 100 to the 500. At the 600, I accidentally put my cold weather data on the scope and those 5 rounds went two feet high. I did okay at the 700 and horrible at the 800.

This was the first time we used the roof simulators. The rifle stayed nice and steady, but your body keeps sliding down while you are pulling the trigger. Shooting off of mailboxes turned sideways wasn't all that easy.

We also have a two-gun (rifle and handgun) course that we run on the same day as our tactical and F-Class type rifle matches. It had a pretty good setup that was deceptive.

Our next multi-range F-Class type of match is on 19 July and our next tactical rifle match is on 09 August. All of our matches are open to the public.

Robert,

It was neat watching those wood splinters fly off on that 600 yard target!

I think we probably all learned something. I reminded myself that even if the conditions look "neutral", and the mirage is a "boil", the range's natural left-to-right is still there.... I think Jeff learned to check his target prior to each shot - he would have taken that trophy, except for those Xfires!

Good pics, and thanks to Bobby, Robert, Andy, and the others that make this match possible.

Hope to see you next month, seems I always need to refine my dope....

Bill

Thanks Bill! That takes a bit of the sting out of it.

For those that are wondering why we were shooting from underneath the shooting benches and not off of the top of them, the requirement was that the rifle had to be supported by the bench, but not the top of the bench.

<span style="font-style: italic">It was neat watching those wood splinters fly off on that 600 yard target</span>

That is the main reason we put everything together with deck screws. It makes repairs a lot easier.

Re: Missouri - Big Piney - Tactical Marksmanship c

We had the opportunity to try out two AAC products on Sunday.

Here is my Cyclone K on my .308

]Cyclone K

This is Shawn's 7.62 SD on his .308

]7.62 SD

Great reporting. I need to check this out. Where exactly was this?

uawman,

The matches are held every month and are located in Houston, Missouri which is 45 min south of Rolla.

jeff

I went to Emminence last week to zip line and float. I'm going to check it out (your shoot). Actually I'm looking to relocate in the general area if I can find some sort of job to supplement a possibile retirement package from GM.
I've never shot in a competitive match but I know it would be a blast (pun intended)
Thanks for the intell.

This is about as informal as it gets. It's a good time with some excellent shooters. Feel free to drop me a line or contact Gunrunner for details. We get out to 800 yards regularly.

Nice vids Jeff, thanks for posting. My shooting is tedious to watch compared to yours
wink.gif

Shawn

NICE, I live near Columbia, I want to come try this!

These are the next dates for our monthly rifle matches.

Tactical rifle: 09 August, 13 December 2009

F-Class type matches: 19 July, 27 September, 18 October 2009

Start time is 9:00 am for the rifle and two-gun matches.

In our F-Class type of match, we shoot 5 rounds in the prone every 100 yards from 100 back to 700/800 yards. From 100 and 200 yards, we shoot at a very, very small bullseye. From the 300 on back, we shoot at the standard SR 200 yard target.

The entry fee is $20.00 for all matches and all matches are open to the public. There are no weight limits or caliber restrictions, although if you have a caliber bigger than a .50 BMG or something really exotic, send us an e-mail.

If you wish to also shoot the two-gun match, you will need a rifle and a handgun, and 40 rounds of rifle ammo and 18 rounds of handgun ammo for each pass through. The rifle is any rifle, centerfire or rimfire that can hold at least 10 rounds in either a fixed or detachable box magazine, although you can use your M1 Garand. The handgun is any handgun, centerfire or rimfire, that is not a single shot. You may use any type of sight or scope you wish. There are no restrictions on magazine size, nor is your ammo required to meet any power factors. The entry fee for it is $10.00 for the first pass, $5.00 for each addition pass.

Those of us that shoot both the rifle and the two gun match, shoot the the two gun match after we have finished the rifle match.

I don't have any pistols...the match that has the bajillion pictures above was a two gun match? I thought it was just a rifle one, shoot.
frown.gif

I'd love to try some F-Class style though, my buddy says its great fun.

The match shown in the posted pictures is our tactical rifle match. The two-gun match is a short range combat style course with a shoot house included.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tyler Kemp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't have any pistols...the match that has the bajillion pictures above was a two gun match? I thought it was just a rifle one, shoot.
frown.gif

I'd love to try some F-Class style though, my buddy says its great fun. </div></div>
you can borrow one of my pistols....if you ever come t obland and shoot with me that is.

ive got to get out there guys. Been wanting to drive down and check it out but just havent had the time. Keep the pics coming. When I get settled ill be down to shoot with you guys.

Great pics BTW.

howdy

Frank didn't notice my new hat - I'm disappointed
wink.gif

IMG_4475.jpg