• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Missouri-Big Piney Tactical Shoot, April...25?

gugubica

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2005
Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri
Just wanted to verify that the April match is on the 25th. I know there was a schedule change, so I wanted to make sure. I was not allowed to come to the March F-Class, so I need to get out there soon!

Thanks

Re: Missouri-Big Piney Tactical Shoot, April...25?

That's what my calendar says. Nobody tells me anything though so you're forewarned.

jeff

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: long-shot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's what my calendar says. Nobody tells me anything though so you're forewarned.

jeff </div></div>

From the man who can't tell time?...

Schedule notes next match 4/25, and I think it was revised.
http://bigpineysportsmansclub.com/

Cheers,

Bill

Hey Viper,

How about posting some results? Inquiring minds want to know....

I may need BPSC to photo-chop some hair on this old crown....

Cheers,

Bill

Oh please don't! I can lie to myself as long as it's not official.

jeff

Yes the Match is the 25th
if in doubt just check the club schedule online.

Match scores are at the MESSAGE BOARD.
smirk.gif

OH and Bill here ya GO!

BEFORE
rsz_img00042.jpg

AFTER
rsz_wrmwithhair.jpg

DELUXE MODEL
rsz_wrmdeadcat.jpg

Bill,

You just lost 10 years and picked up some fleas!

jeff

what does a fella gotta bring to do one of these...i.e., weapon type, ammo amount, etc. not been to one of these.

marduk,

Some would say I show up late sucking down coffee, and shoot poorly so the standards aren't that high! A solid rifle with good dope is a good start. It's an informal group that will help at any turn.

jeff

Bring what you feel comfortable with, Bolt Gun/AR-Platform/.50cal.....and at least 40 rounds of your favorite hole punchers.
muzzle brakes and suppressors are allowed.
we now have a lite-tactical division for smaller caliber rifles(.204-.223) in hopes of more ARs entering the fray,Lite-tactical shoots to 500 yards.
Entry fee is $20

come out and play!

cool gonna try and make one of these but gotta check logistics cuz its a bit of a drive for me. thanks for the invite.

I am sorry Gentlemen, but that series of photo's.....just Awesome!

I truly appreciate people with a good sense of humor.

Marduk185
Your drive is not all that bad. We have shooters from Arkansas, Indiana, several from Illinois, Iowa, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Kansas, Texas and one from Alaska who made the match part of his visit to Missouri. During the year we will have shooters from about every state mentioned.

Wild Bill I like the hair. The cat looked right at home also. Atleast making himself at home anyway. Bryan needs to add some hair to several of us.

No one mentioned the wind at the match. This was the most wind we have ever had at a match. The last bullet holes visible to me were at around 400 yards. I was starting to drift right at that point. I convinced myself that the wind had shifted as it felt like it was comming over my left shoulder at the shooting points. I was mistaken, at the targets it was blowing HARD Left to Right.

We had a new Junior Shooter, and one Lady Shooter at this match. I hope to see them back at the next match. Both were shooting 223 in Lite Tactical Division.

NOTE: Lite Tactical Division was started to get AR15's back out, however bolt guns are allowed in this Division. It is about cartridge size, and not the gun. Cartridges in Lite Tactical: 204 Ruger, 221 Fire Ball, 222 Remington, 222 Remington Magnum, 223 Remington.

The next Match will be April 25. This will be a Sniper Match with Simulators.
NOTE: We have a new Multi Use Simulator for this match. It will do the following:
Low Wall
Intermediate Wall
Firing Port
Left & Right Building Corners
Helicopter Door Strap Supported
Ceiling 550 Cord Supported
Prone 550 Cord Supported

Bill's new hair piece should work just fine as long as no one wears a dog hair piece.

where is this tactical rifle match held in Missouri?

The club is 1 hour south of Rolla
1 1/2 hour east of Springfield or 1 hour north west of Westplains. in Houston MO.

BIG PINEY SPORTSMANS CLUB
18012 HWY B
HOUSTON,MO.65483

Bill You should take the hair to ASC!! Maybe it will bring us some luck..

Jeff It wouldn't be the same without you showing up late with coffee and my energy drinks

I can't wait to see what I can do with the new simulators. Some will prolly call It torture!

Very well done BPSC - I love the new looks!

About 15 years ago I was looking at some Christmas pics, and thought "who's the bald guy sitting in that chair?..." - HOLY CRAP, IT'S ME! I forget how bald I am until I see a pic from behind....

Should see you guys on the 25th, unless my buddy Carl and I don't make it back from Yellowstone on schedule (or we decide to stay). This trip should be an adventure this time of year....

Cheers,

Bill

I'm totally there spectating this match. I hope to be a shooter next in the lite tactical.

I know there are 3 or 4 of us from the Columbia Area planning on making the trip.

the match is Sunday. see everybody there...
the rimfire sniper match is Saturday for those that want to try.

Here are some pics of the event, enjoy..
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/c-C8NZUBJi8"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c-C8NZUBJi8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Cool slide show!! It was a blast shooting yesterday even though it was a little wet.

For those who are interested, we also do a 2-gun (rifle and handgun) match on the same day as our monthly rifle matches. You can shoot rimfire and centerfire.

Im glad everyone enjoys the slideshows, I been playing with editing software and will be attempting a 20 min Documentary style video this summer.. so be warned..some of you guys are ugly and its gonna take ALOT of editing to make everybody look somewhat decent.:)

My polaris Ranger made the video a couple times... Next match though there will be an extra 223 on the line in the lite tactical class!

Match results:

Scott 325
Robert 326 Lite Tactical THIRD
Marvin 181
AJ 395 Lite Tactical SECOND
Ryan 308
Joseph 407 Lite Tactical FIRST
Floyd 378 FIRST
Mike 307
Ted 323
Bradley 324
Rod 376 SECOND