• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MISSOURI **BPSC** NIGHT SHOOT *TONIGHT!*may 8th!

bpsc

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2009
MISSOURI
rsz_1bpscnightshootowl.jpg

The BIG PINEY SPORTSMANS CLUB,
is hosting our first night shoot this Spring, <span style="font-weight: bold"> </span> <span style="color: #CC0000"> </span> SATERDAY NIGHT MAY 8TH <span style="font-weight: bold"> </span>
We need feedback from you guys on scheduling.

OPTION 1: Schedule the "NIGHT-SHOOT" the night before a Tactical marksmans match or F-class event.
(This could be a pain for those who drive certain distances, unless of course you decide to camp-out and go to the scheduled event the next Morning.)

OPTION 2: Schedule the "NIGHT-SHOOT" on a weekend where nothing else is scheduled to take place.(This means two weekends in a row of shooting and driving for some.)

The NIGHT-SHOOT will consist of a Tactical Marksmans Match
from 100-500 yards with various simulators and barracades.
Heading down range after sunset.
500 yards will keep us in our natural sound buffer of trees for the evening and will still maintain a challenge during failing light.
Your Target will consist of a Silhouette with point zones,a chemical light stick will be attached to each target center mass to identify the 20 point area(And for splat factor).

The 2 GUN COMBAT COURSE will be running as well.
the course will be lit to ensure your foot path thats all!
bad guys will be in tighter groups and in the shadows.
9 targets in the house, 20 in the valley.
Bring your lights and Lasers folks your gonna need em.
If you think you can do it ninja style be our guest.
The score keeper behind you will have a flash light,he is not obligated to point out targets.
any type of light/laser and night vision is allowed.

Since this is an add on event the tactical marksman match will be a $10 entry fee.
the combat course will be $5 a run.

give us some feed back and we will get this thing scheduled.

thanks
BPSC

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZDlAgSNY9JU"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZDlAgSNY9JU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: MISSOURI **BPSC** NIGHT SHOOT spring 2010

will this be open to the public? I won't be much help on scheduling advice other than this sounds like fun so I am willing to adjust my schedule to attend.

All our events are open to the public.We welcome all.
If you live a reasonable distance away we encourge people to apply for membership so you can use the range whenever you like.

This is our first Tactical Night-Shoot. There will be a brief safety meeting before the shoot.
all shooters will move down and up range together. Aside from your personal flashlights ALL shooters will be required to wear a "RED" glow stick on their persons.(these will be supplied)
"GREEN"Glow sticks will be attached to targets.
We will be roasting Hotdogs and Marshmellows after.
This will be a fun fun time.

I am sure it will be open to the public.

I am in for the OPTION 1, night shoot before the next days match. I also purpose the Tactical marksman match be held right after the night shoot. For example, night shoot starts at 0200 and runs till dawn then a quick reorganize for tactical match and on with it!

Yea that's what I'm thinking.

All options will be considered, Our Board Meeting is March 11th, We will have a proposed date after that.

Myself still being a whipper snapper in my late 30's could handle a schedule like that, but our Geriatric Shooters might protest
wink.gif

Will have to think about those wheel chair ramps.

I think we are leaning more towards a weekend where nothing else is scheduled.

give a shout if your Interested,
Date to be announced soon.

Thanks
bpsc

Interested

Someone help with my login on the BPSC?

check your email and make sure you have confirmed your registration, double check and or reset your password.
after registration you need to make a post every once and awhile. or the host server tends to have a brain fart.
thanks
BPSC

(HOUSTON)small town, nice tho, one hotel maybe two (one is being remodeled i think. or you can camp at the range.

I'm in as long as I'm in town. I'll embarrass myself at any public occasion.

This sounds like it will be fun any update on the date yet? We will be able to camp out there correct?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bpsc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">(HOUSTON)small town, nice tho, one hotel maybe two (one is being remodeled i think. or you can camp at the range.</div></div>

My wife is from Houston..small aint the word lol..
We go back twice a year to visit her grandparents in Plato...
That hotel across from the Ford lot was nice when that guy Pony bought it and redid it..then we came back the next year and it was closed

I had heard about yalls range...I might have to stop by next time we are in..
Fro

Re: MISSOURI **BPSC** NIGHT SHOOT spring MAY 8TH

the night shoot will be the evening of MAY 8th.

what level of marksmenship is allowed

Beginners are welcome, this is a new experiance for most of us since its our first night-shoot.

is it a night shoot only or will it start in the day and stretch into the night

The 2 Matches will consist of a night shoot only.

do you have to have a night vision device or will range be litten up

We have been discussing a number of options for marking the targets. One is to place a chemlight at the top and the bottom of the target frame. If you aim halfway between them, you will be centered on the target. We have also been discussing ways of numbering the targets.

We ran a suppressor only night shoot this past February. The chemlight was GFS past 200Y. We also tried breaking one open and pouring the glowing goo on the steel. No good. Even using vehicle headlights couldn't get us out to 400, but the contour of the range had a lot to do with that.

I'm starting to think the best approach will either be an LED based 16v flashlight left downrange and positioned to paint the targets, or perhaps solar lights that can be trained directionally to shine right on the targets.

Please let me know how the shoot goes. We will be running more of them and it would be nice if we could work together and iron out the bugs. A night shoot has a lot more challenge in it from a director's perspective as well as from a shooter's.

--Fargo007

FWIW.... the guys that have run some night stages out here in WA, just put reflective tape on the rack, centered above the target, and give the shooters the exact measurement from center tape, to center target. A spot light is used from the shooting position, and all that is visible through your scope, is the reflective tape. You have to do the math, or just guess at your hold under
wink.gif
... I've seen it out to 600 yds, and have no doubt, it would work as far out as you need....

lastnight we ran a test for the night-shoot. We had half a dozen light sticks of multiple colors. white paper sillouettes and brown cardboard sillouettes. and some reflective letters.
starting at aprox: 8:00pm the light was fading fast.
All the light sticks could be seen with the naked eye at 500 yards easily, yellow and green the best, even blue and red remarkably well.
we positioned the chem-lights in various postions on different sillouettes. even on a steel sillouette center mass.

Then looking through the scope we could see all individual chem-lights,but cross-hair identification was tough.
I fired my first shot from 500 yards at the steel,the muzzle flash was mild and my eyes recouped quickly to see the chem-light fling off and spiral to the ground.
We quickly realized the energy of the splash even hitting 4-5 inches around the stick will send em flying and leaking all over the place.
we played with the range lights and moved our trucks around with head lights on to find the perfect combination of lighting to identify targets.

Our conclusion is:
The targets will be white paper sillouttes numbered accordingly to how many shooters we have.
a chem-light for each target center mass.(various colors)
a truck with head lights on will be placed 150 yards at a 45 degree angle off trail behind burm safely tucked out the way.the lights are low and non obtrusive
this is perfect lighting solution to see your cross hairs or mildots.
plus this lets you identify your target number.
We will start at 500 yards and go to 100 yards.
roll calling at each position.

We have the bugs worked out and will be ready for MAY 8th.
see everybody there.

we are two weeks from this event..just a friendly reminder

If anyone wants to camp at the range, we will make sure you have access to the club house, restrooms etc...
The Bulldozer was out at the club and did alot of work.
Our driveway has been grated, the 500 yard firing position has been totally rebuilt. the 2gun course valley has been cleared and we now will have a 150-175 yard range in the valley,(very nice.)
a new drainage runoff has been dugout around the new trapfield
to ensure the driveway never washes out again..

The nightshoot is a week away..

NIGHT SNIPER MATCH

We have the bugs pretty much worked out with vehicle illumination from the road beside the 100 yard Firing Point Berm.

NIGHT 2-GUN COMBAT COURSE

We fired off the lighting tonight, and set the Targets, and Firing Points. The lighting worked out fine. In the Shoot House we mounted 3 Keyless Fixtures on top of the Left Wall. We installed Flourescent screw in lights in them. On the end wall (Down Range End) we installed 2 each 500W Quartz Fixtures pointed down the valley.

In the Shoot House we have 9 targets to engage with the handgun. Some are in the light and some are in shadows. It looked very good.

The Carbine is used on the last 20 targets down the valley. They get harder to see as you move down the valley away from the lights. We have kept the targets on the valley floor mainly for the safety of the Scorer, and Pasters. We do not need anyone to fall on the steep sides of the valley scoring or pasting the targets in the dark.

We set everything up in the dark this evening. This way shadows were taken into account with target placement, as well as the levels of illumination.

This should be a very good time. Bring your toys and come out and play with us.

Now for what to use: M4 with EOTEC and XDm with Night Sights, or Ruger MKIII and 10-22 with Fiber Optic Sights. Maby both we do have a Rimfire Division after all.

Rounds Required Sniper Match: 25

Rounds Required 2-Gun: (Handgun 18 Carbine 40)

Sniper Match Fee: $10

2-Gun Match Fee: $5 Multiple entries OK
2 Divisions, Centerfire and Rimfire

REMINDER

Store your gear so that you can find it in the dark.

Have a light so that you can find things in the dark in your Pack or Bag.

Illumination to read your Drop Chart in the dark.

Keep track of your equipment.

2-Gun Combat Course:

We probably have enough illumination in the Shoot House and Valley Combat Range that you will not need a Weapon Mounted light. However if you do have one it might help.
Optical Sights on your carbine, I have no idea how the back lighting will impact them. You might get some glare from the lighting behind you. I guess we will all find out how our equipment works in the dark Saturday Night.

MAGAZINES: You should plan on retaining spent magazines on your person. Cargo Pocket, Dump Pouch etc. They will be very hard to locate on the ground in the dark, and could also be damaged by being steped on.

REMEMBER YOUR SHOOTER NUMBER (SNIPER MATCH): We will plan on a Count Off at each Firing Point to make sure everyone is accounted for, and is behind the Firing Point.

2 GUN COMBAT COURSE: One shooter on the range at a time. All others will stage under the lighted Bench Rest Pavilion until called forward. You will have a Timer go through with you. The Scoring and Pasting Crew will follow. We will recruit from the ranks for Pasters. 2 Pasters, one for each side works best, and will really speed things up. We may also need some one to go with a Paster to hold a light on the targets while the bullet holes are pasted.

Come on out and play tonight.
see everybody there.

Easily the best time I've had at a match in years! I didn't realize how much I adjust my dope during a match until you can't see your impact or trace. It's like shooting using "the force". Just trust your dope and send it.

Hell of a good time! Thanks goes out to the entire Big Piney crowd for putting this on.

I can honestly say I wish I had brought all of my gear Saturday to join in rather than just watch! You guys looked like you were having a challenging good time on the long range portion...and the temp dropped rapidly to about 45-50 degrees.

I agree long-shot, not being able to see anything but the crosshair and the target makes things tough, but to add in cold temps and dew point and it just gets even harder. Great shooting from a lot of folks too.

Next time...I'm definately in!

That was a fun match. thanks to everybody who showed.
heres the video from the match enjoy.... <object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BeXo8MmCUxw"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BeXo8MmCUxw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

At the moment we are looking at the 9th of October, 7:00 pm, as the date and time of our next night shoot.

I was really surprised at the turn out. I was figuring about 10 shooters would show up. We ended up with 18 shooters, and a few who came just to watch this first time.
Everyone had a great time. Robert (Gunrunner) already has another shoot on the calendar for 9 October. We did not get through shooting the 2-Gun Combat Course until 12:40 AM. We are planning on getting that moving earlier next match. We do not need to be shooting centerfire that late. Shooting 58 rounds in under 3 minutes makes a lot of noise.

Bryan (BPSC) did a super job on the Vidio. He also did a super job on the Certificates he printed up. They are the nicest we have ever given out. He commented that they did take a lot of ink to print.

I am going to need to get something worked out on my Rimfire Carbine so that I can aim at the targets in the dark. I have a fiber optic front and a reciever mtd peep on the rear. This works great in light. I could not see the front sight from the last 2 firing points in the dark. Thinking about trying a red dot and seeing how that works. I am planning on remounting the UltraDot I have on my 480 Ruger Hunting Pistol, and setting it up like I do my sniper rifles using bubble levels to line each piece up. While I have it apart I could remount the UltraDot on the Ruger 1022 and see how that works in the dark.
I was surprised that we only had 4 entries in the 2-Gun rimfire division. We had 9 in centerfire and 3 who did not shoot at the late hour we finished at.

Sniper School starts tomorrow at 8:00 AM, and runs for 5 days. That will keep me busy and off the computer for a few days.

The next Match will be Next Sunday 16 May 2010, and will be a 100 thru 800 yard Multi Range F Class Match.

That looked sick!

See ya saturday for the rimfire and sunday for F class!

Both the long range and the assault course were a blast, thanks to everyone who worked so hard to make it happen!

See you all this weekend.

That looked like it was a blast. Too bad couldnt make it down. I know there should be a good sized group from Columbia Coming down on Sunday for F-Class. I will have to add the Oct 9th date to the calander.

<span style="font-style: italic">See ya saturday for the rimfire and sunday for F class!</span>

Normally we hold the bench rest matches the day before the F-Class and tactical rifle matches, but because of the LEO course this week, the bench rest matches for May will be held on the 29th. The F-Class match on Sunday is still a go.

thanks for the headsup bpsc. I was planning on being there saturday but will just see ya sunday